skip to content
Preview this item
ClosePreview this item
Checking...

"Ould Newbury": historical and biographical sketches.

Author: John J Currier
Publisher: Boston, Damrell and Upham, 1896.
Edition/Format:   Book : EnglishView all editions and formats
Database:WorldCat
Rating:

(not yet rated) 0 with reviews - Be the first.

Subjects
More like this

 

Find a copy in the library

&AllPage.SpinnerRetrieving; Finding libraries that hold this item...

Details

Genre/Form: History
Additional Physical Format: Online version:
Currier, John J. (John James), 1834-1912.
"Ould Newbury".
Boston, Damrell and Upham, 1896
(OCoLC)612950858
Document Type: Book
All Authors / Contributors: John J Currier
OCLC Number: 2482841
Notes: Errata slip between p. 3 and 4.
Imperfect; p. 715-716 wanting.
Description: 729 pages frontispiece, illustrations (including portraits, maps) 24 cm
Contents: The landing at Parker River --
The settlement at the lower green --
The Spencer-Pierce house --
Edward Rawson --
The Ferry at Carr's Island --
John Poore, of Newbury Neck --
Thomas Hale, of Newbury neck --
"Trayneing Green" and new pond --
Burying ground of the first perish in Newbury --
Watts' cellar and frog pond --
Titles to land between Ordway's lane and Chanler's lane --
Wharves and docks --
The Noyes house --
The Coffin house --
Ilsley house --
The first town and court house in Newbury --
Thorlay's bridge over Parker River --
Plum Island --
Deer Island --
Bartlett's cove --
Samuel Sewall, Chief Justice of Massachusetts Bay --
The Toppan House --
Mill at the mouth of Artichoke River --
Old Ship-yards --
Indian attack on the family of John Brown at Turkey Hill --
Byfield Parish --
Homestead of Benjamin Pearson --
The longfellow house, Byfield Parish --
Dummer Academy --
Fatherland Farm --
Theophilus Parsons --
Pipe Stave Hill --
Indian Hill --
The Sawyer house --
The burying ground at Sawyer's hill --
Queen Anne's chapel and Belleville cemetery --
Map of the West Paish --
St. Paul's church --
The old elm of Newbury --
Third parish in Newbury --
Lowell house --
Old Hill burying ground --
Colonel Moses Titcomb --
The Dalton House --
Nathaniel Knapp --
Wolfe tavern --
The first Presbyterian Meeting-house --
Reverend George Whitefield --
Parker River bridge --
Colonel Moses Little --
Patrick Tracy --
Public library buildings --
Dexter house --
Lowell-Johnson house --
Newburyport Marine society --
Exxex-Merrimack bridge --
New hill burying ground --
Bartlet mall --
Market square --
Moses Brown --
Abraham Wheelwright --
Hannah F. Gould --
Caleb Cushing --
Cornelius Conway Felton --
Samuel Morse Felton --
William Lloyd Garrison --
James Parton --
Eben F. Stone --
Oak hill cemetery.
Responsibility: By John J. Currier.

Reviews

User-contributed reviews
Retrieving GoodReads reviews...
Retrieving DOGObooks reviews...

Tags

Be the first.

Similar Items

Related Subjects:(4)

User lists with this item (2)

Confirm this request

You may have already requested this item. Please select Ok if you would like to proceed with this request anyway.

Linked Data


<http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/2482841>
library:oclcnum"2482841"
library:placeOfPublication
library:placeOfPublication
owl:sameAs<info:oclcnum/2482841>
rdf:typeschema:Book
schema:about
schema:about
schema:about
schema:about
schema:creator
schema:datePublished"1896"
schema:description"The landing at Parker River -- The settlement at the lower green -- The Spencer-Pierce house -- Edward Rawson -- The Ferry at Carr's Island -- John Poore, of Newbury Neck -- Thomas Hale, of Newbury neck -- "Trayneing Green" and new pond -- Burying ground of the first perish in Newbury -- Watts' cellar and frog pond -- Titles to land between Ordway's lane and Chanler's lane -- Wharves and docks -- The Noyes house -- The Coffin house -- Ilsley house -- The first town and court house in Newbury -- Thorlay's bridge over Parker River -- Plum Island -- Deer Island -- Bartlett's cove -- Samuel Sewall, Chief Justice of Massachusetts Bay -- The Toppan House -- Mill at the mouth of Artichoke River -- Old Ship-yards -- Indian attack on the family of John Brown at Turkey Hill -- Byfield Parish -- Homestead of Benjamin Pearson -- The longfellow house, Byfield Parish -- Dummer Academy -- Fatherland Farm -- Theophilus Parsons -- Pipe Stave Hill -- Indian Hill -- The Sawyer house -- The burying ground at Sawyer's hill -- Queen Anne's chapel and Belleville cemetery -- Map of the West Paish -- St. Paul's church -- The old elm of Newbury -- Third parish in Newbury -- Lowell house -- Old Hill burying ground -- Colonel Moses Titcomb -- The Dalton House -- Nathaniel Knapp -- Wolfe tavern -- The first Presbyterian Meeting-house -- Reverend George Whitefield -- Parker River bridge -- Colonel Moses Little -- Patrick Tracy -- Public library buildings -- Dexter house -- Lowell-Johnson house -- Newburyport Marine society -- Exxex-Merrimack bridge -- New hill burying ground -- Bartlet mall -- Market square -- Moses Brown -- Abraham Wheelwright -- Hannah F. Gould -- Caleb Cushing -- Cornelius Conway Felton -- Samuel Morse Felton -- William Lloyd Garrison -- James Parton -- Eben F. Stone -- Oak hill cemetery."@en
schema:exampleOfWork<http://worldcat.org/entity/work/id/5235334>
schema:genre"History"@en
schema:genre"History."@en
schema:inLanguage"en"
schema:name""Ould Newbury": historical and biographical sketches."@en
schema:publisher
schema:url

Content-negotiable representations

Close Window

Please sign in to WorldCat 

Don't have an account? You can easily create a free account.