Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Thomas Ravenscroft; W H Auden; W H Auden; Thomas Ravenscroft|
|Document Type:||Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Benjamin Britten; Peter Pears; Helen Watts; London Symphony Orchestra.
|Notes:||Words of the 1st work devised by W.H. Auden (words from Auden, T. Ravenscroft, and anonymous poets); words of the 2nd work by Auden; words of the 3rd work by various poets.
Eds. recorded: Boosey & Hawkes.
Texts printed on container.
|Performer(s):||Peter Pears, tenor (1st-2nd works) ; Helen Watts, contralto (3rd work) ; London Symphony Orchestra ; Benjamin Britten, conductor (1st work) and piano (2nd-3rd works).|
|Event notes:||The 1st work recorded from a BBC Third Programme broadcast June 11, 1961; the 2nd work from a BBC broadcast from the Aldeburgh Festival June 18, 1969; the 3rd work from a BBC Third Programme broadcast Mar. 31, 1962.|
|Description:||1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.|
|Series Title:||BBC artium.; Unique performances.|
|Other Titles:||Our hunting fathers.
On this island.
Charm of lullabies.
- Songs (High voice) with orchestra.
- Song cycles.
- Songs (High voice) with piano.
- Songs (Low voice) with piano.
- Ravenscroft, Thomas, -- 1592?-1635? -- Musical settings.
- Auden, W. H. -- (Wystan Hugh), -- 1907-1973 -- Musical settings.
- Auden, W. H. -- (Wystan Hugh), -- 1907-1973.
- Ravenscroft, Thomas, -- 1592?-1635?