Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Rudyard Kipling; Flora Annie Webster Steel; Jim Corbett|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Alan G Johnson
|ISBN:||9780824834838 0824834836 9780824835217 0824835212|
|Description:||x, 316 pages ; 23 cm.|
|Series Title:||Writing past colonialism series.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Historically grounded literary analysis of colonial Indian writing
This is a well-researched and clearly written analysis of British writing in India. It focuses on the experience of Britishers who called India home, and how they described the geographical spaces they inhabited. Writers like Kipling, Johnson argues, describe these spaces in ways that reveal their...
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Anglo-Indian literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
- Anglo-Indian literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
- Kipling, Rudyard, -- 1865-1936 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Steel, Flora Annie Webster, -- 1847-1929 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Corbett, Jim, -- 1875-1955 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Space in literature.
- Imperialism in literature.
- Colonies in literature.