Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Elementary and junior high school, Fiction|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0060507993 9780060507992 0060508000 9780060508005|
|Description:||xv, 175 p. ; 21 cm.|
|Contents:||The dare --
The noose --
One day, Lily, one day --
The typewriter --
The gun --
The playground --
Out of bounds --
Timeline across apartheid.
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
South African fiction
For almost half a century apartheid forced the people of South Africa to live apart as Whites, "Coloreds", Blacks and Indians. This collection of stories, one for each decade, highlights the choices made by young people in a country rife with injustice. Individual acts of bravery point...
- 0 of 3 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Apartheid -- Juvenile fiction.
- Children's stories, South African (English)
- Apartheid -- Fiction.
- South Africa -- Race relations -- Fiction.
- South Africa -- Fiction.
- Short stories.
- South Africa -- Juvenile fiction.
User lists with this item (5)
- africa(62 items)
by tpregizer updated 2011-04-19
- Jane Addams Children's Book Award(76 items)
by GoldsteinLibrary updated 2011-09-07
- Africana Book Awards(70 items)
by ccicchetti updated 2012-08-17
- African Children's Books - 4-6(80 items)
by cunick updated 2009-07-08
- Juvenile Ethnicity-Campus Library resources(113 items)
by firstname.lastname@example.org updated 2009-06-10