Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Elementary and junior high school, Fiction|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Sharon M Draper
|ISBN:||9781416971702 141697170X 9781416980452 1416980458 9780329839192 0329839195 9781613831335 1613831331|
|Notes:||Includes reading group guide.|
|Awards:||Bank Street College: Josette Frank Award, 2011.|
|Target Audience:||Ages 10 up.; Middle School; 700|
|Description:||295 p. ; 19 cm.|
|Responsibility:||Sharon M. Draper.|
Unflinching and realistic...Rich in details of both the essential normalcy and the difficulties of a young person with cerebral palsy. -Kirkus STARRED REVIEW
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
A great read for all
Sharon Draper does it again. She tells an incredible story of Melody a 5th Grader who has cerebral palsy. She is brilliant and has a photographic memory but is unable to share this with the rest of the world. She finally discovers a way to talk with the help of technology her parents and Mrs. V. Her...
- 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Cerebral palsy -- Juvenile fiction.
- Children with disabilities -- Juvenile fiction.
- Communication -- Juvenile fiction.
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction.
- Genius -- Juvenile fiction.
- Gifted children -- Juvenile fiction.
- Synesthesia -- Juvenile fiction.
- Prejudices in children -- Juvenile fiction.
- Cerebral palsy -- Fiction.
- People with disabilities -- Fiction.
- Communication -- Fiction.
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction.
- Genius -- Fiction.
- Girls with disabilities -- Fiction.
- Photographic memory -- Fiction.
- Eleven-year-old girls -- Fiction.
- Fifth-graders -- Fiction.
- Cerebral palsy.
- Children with disabilities.
- Gifted children.
- Interpersonal relations.
- People with disabilities.
- Prejudices in children.
User lists with this item (18)
- UNO - JUV Realistic Fiction(87 items)
by UNO-YA updated about 3 days ago
- Mark Twain Award 1972-(45 items)
by fugitivepope updated about 4 days ago
- UNO - JUV Emotions and Feelings(107 items)
by UNO-YA updated about 2 weeks ago
- UNO - JUV Disability Experience(23 items)
by UNO-YA updated about 3 weeks ago
- Disabilities -Fiction(92 items)
by trcdesk updated 2014-09-26