Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Biography, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Sandra Day O'Connor
|Description:||xviii, 233 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||Looming large: historic intersections of the President and the Supreme Court --
The call to serve: judicial appointments --
A house is not a home: the journey to One First Street --
Humble beginnings: the first decade of the United States Supreme Court --
Itinerant justice: riding circuit --
The Supreme Court's changing jurisdiction --
Golden tongues: oral advocacy before the Court --
Customs and traditions of the Court --
Some laughs on the bench --
Larger-than-life justices --
Gone but not forgotten: judicial retirement --
Supreme Court "firsts" --
Appendix A: The Declaration of Independence of the United States of America --
Appendix B: The Constitution of the United States.
|Responsibility:||Sandra Day O'Connor.|
- United States. -- Supreme Court -- History.
- United States. -- Supreme Court -- Anecdotes.
- Courts of last resort -- United States -- History.
- Courts of last resort -- United States -- Anecdotes.
User lists with this item (5)
- 2013 - New Nonfiction Titles (January 7 - November 18)(280 items)
by nblibrary updated about a week ago
- 2013 New Books @ Stamford(202 items)
by stamref updated about 2 weeks ago
- October New Books(374 items)
by CrownCollegeLibrary updated about a month ago
- August & September New Books(420 items)
by CrownCollegeLibrary updated 2013-10-08
- Most popular additions for March 2013(100 items)
by jamesfitch updated 2013-04-01