Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James N Bade; James Braund
|Notes:||"Traces the changing German-New Zealand relationship through the twentieth century"--Back cover.
"Companion volume to The German connection : New Zealand and German-speaking Europe in the nineteenth century ... 1993"--Page vii.
|Description:||viii, 288 pages : illustrations, portraits ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||In the shadow of war --
The German connection in the arts --
The academic world --
The business and professional world --
The present-day German connection.
|Other Titles:||German connection.|
|Responsibility:||edited by James N. Bade with the assistance of James Braund.|
This useful and comprehensive collection of thirty-six short essays, by almost as many authors, uncovers connections in some likely areas -- music, photography, brewing, wine-growing, medicine -- and
- Germans -- New Zealand -- History -- 20th century.
- Immigrants -- New Zealand.
- New Zealand -- Emigration and immigration -- History.
- Germany -- Emigration and immigration -- History.
- New Zealanders -- German influences.
- Emigration and immigration.
- New Zealand.