|提及的人：||Eugène Delacroix; Eugène Delacroix; Eugène Delacroix; Eugène Delacroix; Eugène Delacroix; Eugène (1798-1863) Delacroix; Eugène Delacroix; Eugène Delacroix|
Michele Hannoosh; Eugène Delacroix
|描述：||xix, 221 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm.|
|内容：||Ch. 1. On the Boundaries of the Arts and the True Power of Painting --
Ch. 2. The Image in Time: The Writing of the Journal --
Ch. 3. A Language for Painting: The Dictionnaire des Beaux-Arts --
Ch. 4. A Painter in the House of Letters --
Ch. 5. The Ambiguities of History: The Apollo Gallery --
Ch. 6. The Treasure of the Temple: Saint-Sulpice.
|叢書名：||Princeton series in nineteenth-century art, culture, and society.|
The Journal of Eugene Delacroix is one of the most important works in the literature of art history: the record of a life at once public and private, it is also one of the richest and most fascinating aesthetic documents of the nineteenth century, as Delacroix reflects throughout on the relations between the arts, especially painting and writing. Indeed, he approaches the question from a unique perspective, that of a painter who wrote extensively and theorized his own writing in the Journal, a painter who had a passion for literature and a powerful literary imagination, a narrative painter whose work is rooted in literature and the literary. This book is the first to explore the crucial importance of this relation for Delacroix's aesthetic theory and artistic practice. Countering the long critical tradition which sees his writing as the inverse of his painting, it argues that, through his diary and art criticism, he sought to develop a painter's writing, proper to painting itself, and that such a writing is closely related to his conception of pictorial art.
- Delacroix, Eugène, -- 1798-1863 -- Psychology.
- Ut pictura poesis (Aesthetics)
- Delacroix, Eugène, -- 1798-1863. -- Journal.
- Delacroix, Eugène, -- 1798-1863 -- Psychologie.
- Ut pictura poesis (Esthétique)
- Delacroix, Eugène, -- 1798-1863.
- Journal (Delacroix, Eugène)
- Delacroix, Eugène (1798-1863). -- Journal.
- Delacroix, Eugène, -- (1798-1863) -- Journaux intimes.
- Delacroix, Eugène, -- (1798-1863) -- Psychologie.
- Ut pictura poesis (esthétique)
- Visual arts -- Aesthetics