Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2009
Virinder S Kalra
|描述：||xii, 379 pages ; 23 cm.|
|内容：||Part One: Labour narratives --
Part Two: Gendered accounts --
Part Three: Transforming rituals --
Part Four: Shifting identities.
|丛书名：||Oxford in Pakistan readings in sociology and social anthropology.|
|责任：||edited by Virinder S. Kalra.|
"When compared to studies of the Indian diaspora, or even in the wider framework of diaspora studies, there is relatively meagre research about the Pakistani diaspora. This collection is the first to bring together the extant literature and provide both a historical and contemporary set of accounts. It is primarily about the processes associated with migration and settlement as seen from the receiving end. The book consists of sixteen chapters covering a wide range of subjects and geographical areas. The aim of the collection is to provide a broad overview as well as theoretical depth and is therefore divided into four sections, with a specific focus on: labour, culture, gender and identity. The span of country case studies includes, Australia, the Netherlands, Italy, the UK and USA. Leading authors as well as newer researchers are present in the collection which enhances the comprehensive nature of the book."--Jacket.
- Pakistanis -- Migrations.
- Pakistanis -- Foreign countries.
- Pakistan -- Emigration and immigration.
- Pakistanis -- Foreign countries -- Social conditions.
- Pakistan -- Emigration and immigration
- Pakistanis -- Foreign countries
- Pakistanis -- Foreign countries -- Social conditions
- Pakistanis -- Migrations
- Soziale Situation
- Pakistanier -- i utlandet.
- Pakistan -- emigration och immigration.