Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Hall, James, 1811-1898.
Palæontology of New York .
Albany, Printed by C. Van Benthuysen, 1847-94
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James Hall; George Bancroft Simpson; John Mason Clarke; New York (State). Natural History Survey.
|Notes:||Vols. 3-4 have at head of title: Geological survey of New-York; v. 5-8 have at head of title: Geological survey of the state of New York.
Added t.p. of v. 1 dated 1843.
Plates and explanations of v. 5, pt. 1, were issued separately 1883-85?
Vol. 6 by James Hall, assisted by George B. Simpson; v. 7-8 by James Hall, assisted by John M. Clarke.
General author and subject index and list of these reports, with contents of each, may be found in "Index to publications of the New York State natural history survey and New York State museum. By Mary Ellis, 1903." (N.Y. State museum. Bulletin 66).
|Description:||8 volumes in 13. illustrations, plates (some folded) 29-32 cm.|
|Contents:||1. Organic remains of the lower division of the New-York system. 1847 --
2. Organic remains of the lower middle division of the New-York system. 1852 --
3. Organic remains of the Lower Helderberg group and the Oriskany sandstone, 1855-1859. [pt. 1: text, 1859; pt. 2: plates, 1861] --
4. Fossil Brachiopoda of the Upper Helderberg, Hamilton, Portage and Chemung groups, 1862-1866. 1867 --
5. pt. 1. Lamellibranchiata: 1. Monomyaria of the Upper Helderberg, Hamilton and Chemung groups. 1884. 2. Dimyaria of the Upper Helderberg, Hamilton, Portage and Chemung groups. 1885 --
5. pt. 2. Gasteropoda, Pteropoda and Cephalopoda of the Upper Helderberg, Hamilton, Portage and Chemung groups. 1879 --
5. pt. 2, suppl. Pteropoda, Cephalopoda and Annelida 1888 [bound with v. 7] --
6. Corals and Bryozoa. Species from the Lower Helderberg, Upper Helderberg and Hamilton groups. 1887 --
7. Trilobites and other Crustacca of the Oriskany, Upper Helderberg, Hamilton, Portage, Chemung and Catskill groups. 1888 --
8. An introduction to the study of the genera of Palæozoic Brachiopoda. pt. 1-2. 1892-94.
|Series Title:||New York (State).; Natural History Survey.; Natural history of New York|
|Responsibility:||by James Hall.|