Panic of 2008.
Cheltenham : Edward Elgar, 2010
Lawrence E Mitchell; Arthur E Wilmarth
|描述：||1 online resource (viii, 359 pages)|
|内容：||1. The Panic of 2008 : Something Old and Something New / Maury Klein --
2. The Anatomy of A Residential Mortgage Crisis : A Look Back to the 1930s / Kenneth A. Snowden, Jr. --
3. Stress Testing and Scenario Analysis in Risk Management : Preparing for the Worst / James Fanto --
4. Too Big to Fail? Recasting the Financial Safety Net / Steven L. Schwarcz --
5. Overdependence on Credit Ratings Was a Primary Cause of the Crisis / Frank Partnoy --
6. Federal Preemption, Regulatory Failure and the Race to the Bottom in US Mortgage Lending Standards / Patricia A. McCoy --
7. Lessons from 2008 US Bank Failures / William Handorf --
8. Defaults and Returns in the High Yield Bond Market : The Year 2008 in Review and Outlook / Edward I. Altman and Brenda J. Karlin --
9. Regulating the Financial Markets by Examination / Tamar Frankel --
10. The Sewers of Jefferson County / Theresa A. Gabaldon --
11. It's Time to Resuscitate the Shareholder Derivative Action / Edward Labaton and Michael W. Stoker --
12. Cuomo v. Clearing House : The Supreme Court Responds to the Subprime Financial Crisis and Delivers a Major Victory for the Dual Banking System and Consumer Protection / Arthur E. Wilmarth, Jr.
|其他题名：||Panic of two thousand and eight|
|责任：||edited by Lawrence E. Mitchell, Arthur E. Wilmarth, Jr.|
The Panic of 2008 brings together scholars from a variety of disciplines to examine the causes and consequences of the global credit crisis, the subsequent collapse of the financial markets, and the following recession. The book evaluates the crisis in historical context, explores its various legal, economic, and financial dimensions, and considers various possibilities for reform. The Panic of 2008 is one of the first in-depth efforts to study the crisis as it was in the very earliest stage of resolution, and establishes a foundation for thinking about and evaluating current reform efforts an.