Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||x, 309 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Imperial Delusion --
Harsh Lessons --
Unpleasant Realities --
Planning Plunder --
The Hunt --
Competition and Confusion --
The Irreconcilables: Diplomats and Soldiers --
The Conspiracy --
The Doctors from Berlin --
Rewriting the Past --
The Final Irony.
"The climax of a subterranean struggle among the victorious Allies immediately after World War II, 'Project Paperclip' was the War Department's code name for its successful plan to rewrite the records of German scientists and smooth the way for their entry into the United States. These men, many of whom had been classified as 'ardent Nazis,' were selected, just weeks after Hitler's defeat, to become respectable American citizens."--Book Jacket.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Technology.
- Scientists -- Recruiting -- Germany -- History -- 20th century.
- War criminals -- Germany -- History -- 20th century.
- Brain drain -- Germany -- History -- 20th century.
- German Americans -- History -- 20th century.
- Project Paperclip
- Brain drain.
- German Americans.
- Scientists -- Recruiting.
- War criminals.
- Project Paperclip.