Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1.5 linear ft. (3 boxes)|
John Clarke Lee's (1804-1877) papers (1813-1865) include correspondence, will, estate papers, legal and financial documents, and photo albums, relating to his financial investments, interest in gardening, his home in Salem, and trusteeship of Pickering Dodge's estate. Family papers consist of business, personal, and estate papers of numerous members of the Lee and Rose families including will and estate inventory of Nathaniel Cabot Lee (1772-1806); memorandum/diaries of farmer Joseph Lee (b. 1773); financial and estate papers of Harriet (Paine) Rose, whose business interests were often overseen by her son-in-law, John Clarke Lee; estate papers of Rachel W. Rose; personal correspondence, financial records, and portrait of Harriet (Rose) Lee; and Civil War correspondence of William P. Lee (b. 1833), an agent on U.S. armed steamers Pembroke and Cambridge. Miscellaneous papers series is comprised of non-Lee family correspondence, and legal, financial, and shipping papers including letters of Martha N. Very regarding her charity work in the 1860s and genealogical materials of Henry M. Brooks.
- Shipbuilding industry -- Massachusetts.
- Farms -- Massachusetts.
- Gardening -- Massachusetts.
- Hulls (Naval architecture) -- Drawings.
- Ship decoration -- Drawings.
- International trade.
- Napoleonic Wars, 1800-1815.
- Ships -- Massachusetts.
- Charities -- Massachusetts.
- Decedents' estates -- Massachusetts.
- Investments -- Massachusetts.
- Dwellings -- Massachusetts.
- Warships -- United States.
- Trusts and trustees -- Massachusetts.
- Shipping -- Massachusetts.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Naval operations.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain.
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- United States.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1809-1812.
- India -- Commerce -- United States.
- United States -- Commerce -- India.
- Kolkata (India) -- Commerce.
- France -- History -- Consulate and First Empire, 1799-1815.
- Great Britain -- History -- 1789-1820.
- Salem (Mass.) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Women -- Massachusetts -- Personal and other papers.
- Massachusetts -- Family and personal papers.
- Salem (Mass.) -- Family and personal papers.
- Massachusetts -- Business, industries, and trades -- Shipbuilding.
- Salem (Mass.) -- Business, industries, and trades -- Shipbuilding.
- Massachusetts -- Business, industries, and trades -- Shipping.
- Salem (Mass.) -- Business, industries, and trades -- Shipping.
- Salem (Mass.) -- Transportation -- Ships.
- Massachusetts -- Transportation -- Ships.
- Massachusetts -- Agriculture -- Farms and farming.
- Salem (Mass.) -- Agriculture -- Farms and farming.
- Massachusetts -- Gardens and gardening.
- Salem (Mass.) -- Gardens and gardening.
- Decedents' estates.
- Diplomatic relations.
- Hulls (Naval architecture)
- Military operations, Naval.
- Ship decoration.
- Shipbuilding industry.
- Trusts and trustees.
- Great Britain.
- India -- Kolkata.
- Massachusetts -- Salem.
- United States.