Encontrar un ejemplar en la biblioteca
Encontrando bibliotecas que tienen este material…
|Persona designada:||Charles Biddle; William S Biddle; Nicholas Biddle; Charles J Biddle; Craig Biddle; John Biddle; Thomas Biddle; John Biddle; James Biddle; Mary Biddle; Ann Biddle; Hannah Biddle; Richard Biddle; John C Craig; George Bancroft; Jane Craig Biddle; John Oliver; R L Colt; Davy Crockett; James Monroe; Henry Clay; George Mifflin Dallas; William Morris Meredith; John Read; Edward Biddle; George M Edwards; William Rawle; T S Taylor; Henry D Rogers; Thaddeus Stevens; John Craig; James Craig; Adele Sigoigne; Ann Craig; Jane Craig; Margaret Craig; Ann Backhouse; Catherine Sarmiento; Isaac Bronson; Roswell L Colt; Thomas White; William Seward; Simon Cameron; George Woodward; Benjamin Rush; Charles Craig Biddle|
|Tipo de documento:||Material de archivo|
|Todos autores / colaboradores:||
|Descripción:||33 linear ft.|
The papers for William S. Biddle, son of Charles and Hannah Shepard Biddle, include: correspondence, 1805-1835; real estate papers dealing with a lot on Race Street; legal papers concerning the settlement of various family member's estates; and miscellaneous printed material.
The Nicholas Biddle series begins with correspondence, 1800-1844, 1849, 1863, n.d. ranging from local and national politics to private investments to private matters such as grape cultivation at Andalusia.
The remainder of the Nicholas Biddle series includes: diaries covering his travels in Europe; legal papers most of which deal with the Craig family and other family members; papers dealing with different investments; Bank of the United States papers including Biddle's defense; receipted bills; commonplace books; and miscellaneous items.
The papers for Charles J. Biddle, son of Nicholas Biddle, also begin with correspondence, 1816, 1827, 1831-1873, 1882, 1883, n.d. There is a seperate group of correspondence between Charles J. Biddle and his wife Emma Biddle of both personal and political nature; most letters discuss his experience in the House of Representatives. Topics in the chronological correspondence involve his military and political careers as well as letters dealing with his investments and various legal trusts.
Legal papers, real estate papers, financial papers and miscellaneous papers including his literary pursuits finish out the Charles J. Biddle series.
The final series of papers belongs to Craig Biddle, youngest son of Nicholas Biddle. His papers include legal and miscellaneous papers and receipts. There is also an indexed volume of Biddle and Craig family letters, 1787-1825.
- Biddle, Charles, -- 1745-1821.
- Biddle, William S.
- Biddle, Nicholas, -- 1786-1844.
- Biddle, Charles J., -- b. 1819.
- Biddle, Craig, -- b. 1823.
- Biddle, John.
- Biddle, Thomas.
- Biddle, John, -- 1792-1859.
- Biddle, James, -- 1783-1848.
- Biddle, Mary.
- Biddle, Ann.
- Biddle, Hannah.
- Biddle, Richard, -- 1796-1847.
- Craig, John C.
- Bancroft, George, -- 1800-1891.
- Biddle, Jane Craig.
- Oliver, John.
- Colt, R. L.
- Crockett, Davy, -- 1786-1836.
- Monroe, James, -- 1758-1831.
- Clay, Henry, -- 1777-1852.
- Dallas, George Mifflin, -- 1792-1864.
- Meredith, William Morris, -- 1799-1873.
- Read, John.
- Biddle, Edward.
- Edwards, George M.
- Rawle, William, -- 1759-1836.
- Taylor, T. S.
- Rogers, Henry D., -- 1808-1866.
- Stevens, Thaddeus, -- 1792-1868.
- Craig, John.
- Craig, James.
- Sigoigne, Adele.
- Craig, Ann.
- Craig, Jane.
- Craig, Margaret.
- Backhouse, Ann.
- Sarmiento, Catherine.
- Colt, Roswell L.
- White, Thomas.
- Seward, William, -- 1835-1901.
- Cameron, Simon, -- 1799-1889.
- Woodward, George.
- Rush, Benjamin, -- 1745-1813.
- Biddle, Charles Craig.
- Buffalo Furnace.
- Baltimore and Port Deposite Company.
- Little Schuylkill Railroad and Navigation Company.
- Stony Creek Land Company.
- Commercial Bank of Manchester.
- Reading Railroad.
- Bank of the United States.
- United States -- History -- Mexican War, 1845-1848.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Pennsylvania -- Politics and government.
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Social life and customs.
- United States -- Politics and government.
- Women -- social conditions -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Agriculture -- Accounting.
- Banks and banking, American.
- Real property -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Real estate investment.
- Europe -- Description and travel.
- Andalusia (Pa.)
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Streets.
- Race Street (Philadelphia, Pa.)