Encontrar uma cópia na biblioteca
Encontrando bibliotecas que possuem este item...
|Pessoa Denominada:||Charles Biddle; William S Biddle; Nicholas Biddle; Charles J Biddle; Craig Biddle; John Biddle; Thomas Biddle; John Biddle; James Biddle; Mary Biddle; Ann Biddle; Hannah Biddle; Richard Biddle; John C Craig; George Bancroft; Jane Craig Biddle; John Oliver; R L Colt; Davy Crockett; James Monroe; Henry Clay; George Mifflin Dallas; William Morris Meredith; John Read; Edward Biddle; George M Edwards; William Rawle; T S Taylor; Henry D Rogers; Thaddeus Stevens; John Craig; James Craig; Adele Sigoigne; Ann Craig; Jane Craig; Margaret Craig; Ann Backhouse; Catherine Sarmiento; Isaac Bronson; Roswell L Colt; Thomas White; William Seward; Simon Cameron; George Woodward; Benjamin Rush; Charles Craig Biddle|
|Tipo de Documento:||Material de Arquivo|
|Todos os Autores / Contribuintes:||
|Descrição:||33 linear ft.|
The papers for William S. Biddle, son of Charles and Hannah Shepard Biddle, include: correspondence, 1805-1835; real estate papers dealing with a lot on Race Street; legal papers concerning the settlement of various family member's estates; and miscellaneous printed material.
The Nicholas Biddle series begins with correspondence, 1800-1844, 1849, 1863, n.d. ranging from local and national politics to private investments to private matters such as grape cultivation at Andalusia.
Correspondents include: A. J. Dallas and Edward Coles on banking; Robert and John Oliver on the Craig estate; R. L. Colt on the Bank of the U. S. and land speculation; Thomas Biddle as land agent for Nicholas Biddle; B. DeHaert on Salt Spring, Montrose; one letter from James Monroe dated December 6, 1822; two letters from Davey Crockett dated October 7, 1834 and December 16, 1834 on the bank question and Crockett's election; one letter from Daniel Webster dated January 7, 1840; one letter from Henry Clay dated December 20, 1840; George M. Dallas, William M. Meredith, John Read, E. R. Biddle, George M. Edwards, William Rawle, T. S. Taylor, and Henry Drinker on the Bank of the United States; Jno. McKinney and Henry D. Rogers on the Buffalo Furnace; and one letter from Thaddeus Stevens dated June 25, 1842 on his relationship with the Court.
The remainder of the Nicholas Biddle series includes: diaries covering his travels in Europe; legal papers most of which deal with the Craig family and other family members; papers dealing with different investments; Bank of the United States papers including Biddle's defense; receipted bills; commonplace books; and miscellaneous items.
The papers for Charles J. Biddle, son of Nicholas Biddle, also begin with correspondence, 1816, 1827, 1831-1873, 1882, 1883, n.d. There is a seperate group of correspondence between Charles J. Biddle and his wife Emma Biddle of both personal and political nature; most letters discuss his experience in the House of Representatives. Topics in the chronological correspondence involve his military and political careers as well as letters dealing with his investments and various legal trusts.
Correspondents include: John Cadwalader on legal matters; Roswell L. Colt on salt works and land purchasing; A. B. Reed on the Craig/McMurtrie lands; James Biddle, Thomas White, G. M. Dallas, and Henry Drinker all on the Mexican War; C. J. Ingersoll, Craig Biddle, Simon Cameron, William Seward, and James Buchanan all on political and military matters during the Civil War; George W. Woodward on Woodward's run for Governor and other matters concerning the Democratic party; and Benjamin Rush on the Alabama claims.
Legal papers, real estate papers, financial papers and miscellaneous papers including his literary pursuits finish out the Charles J. Biddle series.
The final series of papers belongs to Craig Biddle, youngest son of Nicholas Biddle. His papers include legal and miscellaneous papers and receipts. There is also an indexed volume of Biddle and Craig family letters, 1787-1825.
- Biddle, Charles, -- 1745-1821.
- Biddle, William S.
- Biddle, Nicholas, -- 1786-1844.
- Biddle, Charles J., -- b. 1819.
- Biddle, Craig, -- b. 1823.
- Biddle, John.
- Biddle, Thomas.
- Biddle, John, -- 1792-1859.
- Biddle, James, -- 1783-1848.
- Biddle, Mary.
- Biddle, Ann.
- Biddle, Hannah.
- Biddle, Richard, -- 1796-1847.
- Craig, John C.
- Bancroft, George, -- 1800-1891.
- Biddle, Jane Craig.
- Oliver, John.
- Colt, R. L.
- Crockett, Davy, -- 1786-1836.
- Monroe, James, -- 1758-1831.
- Clay, Henry, -- 1777-1852.
- Dallas, George Mifflin, -- 1792-1864.
- Meredith, William Morris, -- 1799-1873.
- Read, John.
- Biddle, Edward.
- Edwards, George M.
- Rawle, William, -- 1759-1836.
- Taylor, T. S.
- Rogers, Henry D., -- 1808-1866.
- Stevens, Thaddeus, -- 1792-1868.
- Craig, John.
- Craig, James.
- Sigoigne, Adele.
- Craig, Ann.
- Craig, Jane.
- Craig, Margaret.
- Backhouse, Ann.
- Sarmiento, Catherine.
- Colt, Roswell L.
- White, Thomas.
- Seward, William, -- 1835-1901.
- Cameron, Simon, -- 1799-1889.
- Woodward, George.
- Rush, Benjamin, -- 1745-1813.
- Biddle, Charles Craig.
- Buffalo Furnace.
- Baltimore and Port Deposite Company.
- Little Schuylkill Railroad and Navigation Company.
- Stony Creek Land Company.
- Commercial Bank of Manchester.
- Reading Railroad.
- Bank of the United States.
- United States -- History -- Mexican War, 1845-1848.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Pennsylvania -- Politics and government.
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Social life and customs.
- United States -- Politics and government.
- Women -- social conditions -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Agriculture -- Accounting.
- Banks and banking, American.
- Real property -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Real estate investment.
- Europe -- Description and travel.
- Andalusia (Pa.)
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Streets.
- Race Street (Philadelphia, Pa.)