Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||William Bainbridge; John C Breckinridge; Judah Colt; Thomas Cooper; Joseph Drayton; Peter Stephen Du Ponceau; Millard Fillmore; Francis Hopkinson; Charles Jared Ingersoll; John Marshall; Robert Morris; John Nicholson; Daniel Parker; Joel Roberts Poinsett; Joseph Quincy; R Randolph; Joseph Reed; Thomas Riché; Richard Rush; Andrew Stevenson; Bushrod Washington; Hamilton Washington; Noah Webster|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||2.5 linear ft.|
Included are accounts of money paid out on warrants by the auditor general, 1777; minutes of proceedings in charges brought against the Board of the Treasury by Francis Hopkinson, treasurer of loans, 1780; a statement of Treasury accounts of Francis Hopkinson, 1780; contract between Robert Morris and Daniel Parker to supply rations to the Revolutionary Army; register of accounts and claims against the United States, and a review of the business transacted by the Chamber of Accounts, 1779-1780; legal papers and subpoenas issued by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania against Robert Morris and John Nicholson relate to unsatisfied judgments.
The formation of land companies in Pennsylvania in which Robert Morris, John Nicholson, and James Gibson were interested, is shown in the papers of the Pennsylvania Population Company, Asylum Company, Erie Lands, and Donation Lands, 1792-1828: the correspondence of their agents, Judah Colt and James Gibson, mortgages, agreements of sales, surveys, deeds, powers of attorney, claims, court proceedings, minutes of the board of managers, and plats. There is also a copy of the map and exemplification of the grant of the Erie triangle from the United States to Pennsylvania, 1792.
In addition there is a group of letters, 1824-1846, addressed to Carey? Carey, Lea,? Lea & Blanchard, booksellers and publishers. Among the names of the correspondents are: William Bainbridge, John C. Breckinridge, Horace Binney, C.C. Bonaparte, Thomas Cooper, Joseph Drayton, Millard Fillmore, C.J. Ingersoll, John Marshall, Joel R. Poinsett, Peter Du Ponceau, Joseph Quincy, R. Randolph, J. Reed, Thomas Riché, Richard Rush, Andrew Stevenson, Bushrod Washington, Hamilton Washington, and Noah Webster.
- Bainbridge, William, -- 1774-1833.
- Breckinridge, John C. -- (John Cabell), -- 1821-1875.
- Colt, Judah, -- 1761-1832.
- Cooper, Thomas, -- 1759-1839.
- Drayton, Joseph.
- Du Ponceau, Peter Stephen, -- 1760-1844.
- Fillmore, Millard, -- 1800-1874.
- Hopkinson, Francis, -- 1737-1791.
- Ingersoll, Charles Jared, -- 1782-1862.
- Marshall, John, -- 1755-1835.
- Morris, Robert, -- 1734-1806.
- Nicholson, John.
- Parker, Daniel, -- 1782-1846.
- Poinsett, Joel Roberts, -- 1779-1851.
- Quincy, Joseph.
- Randolph, R.
- Reed, Joseph, -- 1741-1785.
- Riché, Thomas.
- Rush, Richard, -- 1780-1859.
- Stevenson, Andrew.
- Washington, Bushrod, -- 1762-1829.
- Washington, Hamilton.
- Webster, Noah, -- 1758-1843.
- Carey & Lea.
- Carey, Lea & Carey.
- Lea & Carey.
- Lea & Blanchard.
- Pennsylvania Population Company.
- Asylum Company.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Finance.
- Land settlement -- Pennsylvania.
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Commerce.