Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Hazel Harris Eaton; Abraham Harris; Edward Greene Sr Harris; Hezekiah Henderson Harris; Mary Springer Harris; Olivia Harris; Samuel I Harris; Thomas Harris; Edmund Jackson; Mark Jackson; Mozelle McNulty Harris Jackson; Sarah Ann Thomas Jackson; Thomas Hogan Jr Jackson; Thomas Hogan Sr Jackson; Wilkins Warren Jr Jackson; Wilkins Warren Sr Jackson; William F Story; Allen Warren; Eva Baxter Harris Zettler|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 cubic foot (1 archives box, 1 oversized box).|
|Other Titles:||Albertville Herald (Ala.)
Atlanta Constitution (Ga.)
Birmignahm News (Ala.)
Birmingham Post-Herald (Ala.)
Gadsden Times (Ala.)
The Sand Mountain Reporter (Albertville-Boaz, Ala.)
Troy Messenger (Ala.)
The Hogan Jackson papers subgroup consists of three series. The first series, "Albertville Man of the Year 1966," contains letters of recommendation, congratulatory correspondence, and the speaker's comments on Hogan Jackson's contribution to the community. Deeds, the second series, contains copies of deeds held by Hogan between 1907 and 1968 and related correspondence. The third series, marker on Old Jackson Trace, records Hogan's efforts to have a historical marker on the Marshall County trail used by Andrew Jackson during the Creek Indian War of 1813-1814.
The estate papers subgroup contains wills, inventories of estates, and related correspondence of various family members. Some of the wills and inventories are photocopies of originals held in other repositories. It is divided into series by personal name. The largest series is Edward G. Harris (father of Mozelle H. Jackson) and contains considerable correspondence regarding the establishment of a trust for his widow and the disestablishment of that trust upon her death.
The memoirs subgroup contains "From Horse and Buggy to Spaceship" by Eva Baxter Harris Zettler (sister of Mozelle Harris Jackson) in 1976. Her photograph is located in the photographs subgroup. The Sarah Ann Jackson Fountain and Memorial subgroup contains correspondence about the memorial scholarship and fountain dedicated to Hogan Jackson's mother at Tift College in Forsyth, Georgia. Two photos of the fountain are in the photographs subgroup. The photographs subgroup contains photos of Hogan and also his dog Smoky whom he donated to the US Marines during World War II. The clippings subgroup contains many articles on family members, primarily on Hogan, during the 1960s. There is an obituary from the 1800s for William F. Story and a picture of Mary Springer Harris' house (Mozelle's mother) from 1935.
- Eaton, Hazel Harris, -- d.ca.1945.
- Harris, Abraham, -- d.ca.1825.
- Harris, Edward Greene, Sr., -- 1844-1920.
- Harris, Hezekiah Henderson, -- 1817-1879.
- Harris, Mary Springer, -- d.1944.
- Harris, Olivia, -- d.ca.1954.
- Harris, Samuel I., -- d.ca.1789.
- Harris, Thomas.
- Jackson, Edmund, -- 1822-1861.
- Jackson, Mark, -- d.1797.
- Jackson, Mozelle McNulty Harris, -- 1882-1961.
- Jackson, Sarah Ann Thomas, -- 1833-1909.
- Jackson, Thomas Hogan, Jr., -- b.1913.
- Jackson, Thomas Hogan, Sr., -- 1872-1970.
- Jackson, Wilkins Warren, Jr., -- d.ca.1928.
- Jackson, Wilkins Warren, Sr., -- 1826-1895.
- Story, William F.
- Warren, Allen, -- d.ca.1744.
- Zettler, Eva Baxter Harris, -- b.1879.
- Albertville National Bank (Albertville, Ala.)
- Harris family -- Genealogy.
- Historical markers -- Alabama.
- Jackson family -- Genealogy.
- Alabama -- Social life and customs.
- Albertville (Ala.)
- Georgia -- Social life and customs.
- Macon (Ga.)