Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Minor Winn; John S Martin; Ruff family.; West family.; Heaton family.; Petty family.; Deming family.; Pollock-Gilmour family.; Galloway family.; Janney family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Melvin Lee Steadman
|Notes:||Unprocessed collection. Cataloged from accession record.|
|Description:||ca. 250 items.|
Methodist Church materials include items related to Dr. John S. Martin of Baltimore, Md. and Winchester, Va.; and on several Virginia Conference meetings in N.C. and Va.; at one of these the members condemmed slavery (1816).
Includes the estate settlement papers of Col. Minor Winn, great-grandfather of "Stonewall" Jackson, and a small scrapbook of poems, writings, and clippings of the Janney family, Quakers from Loudon Co., Va. Also includes important biographical research on Confederate veterans of Loudon Co., including those of 8th Va. Regt., compiled circa 1905; and exhaustive inventories of Prince William Co. historic sites, compiled by Susan K. Morton of Haymarket, Va. around 1940.
- Methodist Episcopal Church, South -- History.
- Confederate States of America. -- Army. -- Virginia Infantry Regiment, 8th -- Veterans.
- Winn, Minor -- Estate.
- Martin, John S.
- Ruff family.
- West family.
- Heaton family.
- Petty family.
- Deming family.
- Pollock-Gilmour family.
- Galloway family.
- Janney family.
- Rappahannock County (Va.) -- History.
- Prince William County (Va.) -- Historic sites.
- Loudon Co. (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Virginia -- Church history.
- North Carolina -- Church history.