Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||C A Rodney; Lewis Cass; Joseph Olivier; Thomas M Rodney|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
C A Rodney; Juan Martín de Pueyrredón; José Manuel de Goyeneche; Joseph Olivier; Bernardino Rivadavia; Thomas M Rodney
|Language Note:||In English and Spanish.|
|Description:||1 v. (.1 linear ft.)|
|Contents:||1. Diary, autograph, unsigned, dated at Buenos Aires, 2-9 Mar. 1818; entries concern Rodney's work as U.S. Minister to Argentina, with mention of visits from representatives of American companies in Argentina and negotiations with the local government (ff. 1r-33r) --
2. Transcription of two letters between Juan Martín de Pueyrredón and Jose Manuel de Goyeneche, dated Mar. 1812, translated from Spanish; concerning the Argentine War of Independence, and the independence of other American colonies (34r-66r) --
3. Report, possibly in the hand of Henry M. Brackenridge, signed by Rodney; concerning Rodney's first assessment of the independent Argentina (63r-77r) --
4. Autograph letter, signed, from Rodney to Pedro Molina, dated at Buenos Aires, 16 Feb. 1824; concerns the independence of the Americas and the Monroe Doctrine (78r-79r) --
5. Autograph letter, signed, from Bernardina Rivadavia to Rodney, dated at Buenos Aires, 4 May 1824; welcoming Rodney as U.S. Minister to Argentina (80r) --
6. Autograph letter, signed, from Joseph Olivier to Thomas M. Rodney, dated 26 Jan. 1849; concerns Lewis Cass, Rodney's work during the U.S. presidential race of 1848, presumably on behalf of Cass, and personal matters (82r-83v).
- Rodney, C. A. -- (Caesar Augustus), -- 1772-1824.
- Cass, Lewis, -- 1782-1866.
- Olivier, Joseph.
- Rodney, Thomas M.
- Monroe doctrine.
- Argentina -- History -- War of Independence, 1810-1817.
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1810-1860.
- Argentina -- Foreign relations -- United States.
- South America -- History -- Wars of Independence, 1806-1830.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Argentina.
- United States -- Commerce -- Argentina.