Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Abishai M Dickson; Dixon family.; John Ross Hamilton; Louisa Dickson Hamilton; Sarah E Hamilton; William Scudder Hamilton; Hamilton family.; William Lucas; Lucas family.; Scudder family.; Skidmore family.; Ann Margaret Dickson Sutherland; George M Wharton|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Letters include two from Abishai M. Dickson, an Alabama native, who joined the Alabama Red Rovers in response to the events of the Texas Revolution, and was killed in the Goliad Massacre, one letter written on the eve of his departure for Texas in 1835. Many of the remaining letters were received by Dickson's daughter, Louisa Dickson Hamilton, including several from her husband, William Scudder Hamilton, a Texas Methodist circuit-rider, with details on Methodist activities and family matters, other letters generally concerning family activities. Includes genealogical material relating to the Dickson, Hamilton, Lucas, Scudder, and Skidmore families. Persons and places represented include Cedar Bayou, Egypt, Houston, Rutersville, and Victoria, Tex., Mississippi, and New Orleans, La., John Ross Hamilton, Sarah E. Hamilton, William Lucas, Ann M. Sutherland, and George M. Wharton.
- Circuit riders -- Texas.
- Goliad Massacre, Goliad, Tex., 1836.
- Methodist Church -- Texas -- Clergy.
- Cedar Bayou (Baytown, Tex.)
- Egypt (Wharton County, Tex.)
- Houston (Tex.)
- New Orleans (La.)
- Rutersville (Tex.)
- Texas -- History -- Revolution, 1835-1836.
- Victoria (Tex.)
- Dickson, Abishai M., -- 1803-1836.
- Dixon family.
- Hamilton, John Ross.
- Hamilton, Louisa Dickson -- Correspondence.
- Hamilton, Sarah E.
- Hamilton, William Scudder, -- 1815-1873 -- Correspondence.
- Hamilton family.
- Lucas, William.
- Lucas family.
- Scudder family.
- Skidmore family.
- Sutherland, Ann Margaret Dickson, -- 1809-1862.
- Wharton, George M., -- 1825-1853.
- Alabama Red Rovers.