|提及的人：||Susan V Ingram; Thomas Ollive Mabbott; Edgar Allan Poe; Louis D Rubin, Jr.; John Hall Wheelock; Sarah Helen Whitman; John Henry Ingram|
John Carl Miller
|注意：||The material described in this catalog record is located in the collections of the University of Virginia Library (Charlottesville).
In part, transcripts.
Chiefly papers relating to Miller's research on John Henry Ingram, first reliable biographer of Edgar Allan Poe, including source material on Ingram and Poe, such as transcripts of correspondence (1874-1878) between Ingram and Sarah Helen Power Whitman, copies of 19th century newspaper articles on Poe, his family, and Ingram, and photos; together with business papers relating to publication of Miller's book Building Poe Biography (1977) and literary rights to Ingram's correspondence, as well as typescripts of Miller's Poe's Helen Remembers (1979), his 1973 revision of John Henry Ingram's Poe Collection at the University of Virginia (1960), transcript of Ingram's ms., The True Story of Edgar Allan Poe (1905?), and a speech, Writing Poe's Biography (1978). Correspondents include Susan V. Ingram, J.P. Morgan, Jr., Thomas Ollive Mabbott, Louis D. Rubin, Jr. and John Hall Wheelock.
- Authors, American -- Biography.
- Ingram, Susan V. -- Correspondence.
- Mabbott, Thomas Ollive, -- 1898-1968 -- Correspondence.
- Poe, Edgar Allan, -- 1809-1849.
- Rubin, Louis D., -- Jr. -- (Louis Decimus), -- 1923-2013 -- Correspondence.
- Wheelock, John Hall, -- 1886-1978 -- Correspondence.
- Whitman, Sarah Helen, -- 1803-1878 -- Correspondence.
- Ingram, John Henry, -- 1842-1916.
- Old Dominion University -- Faculty -- Personal and professional papers.