Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Thure L Kumlien; Charles Michael Mouet de Langlade; Helen Lawson; Reuben Gold Thwaites; Ripon College; University of Wisconsin; State Historical Society of Wisconsin.; Baird family.; Charles E Brown; Cook family.; Finney family.; Fleming family.; Lawson family.; Pepper family.; Williams family.; Wright family.|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Publius V Lawson
|Description:||3.2 c.f. (12 archives boxes)|
The collection also contains considerable data on the Winnebago and Potawatomi Indians; sketches and drawings of Indian mounds; a small amount of biographical material on Thure Kumlien; a draft of Lawson's biography of Charles de Langlade, Bravest of the Brave (Menasha, 1904); and notes gathered by Lawson while he was writing his History of Winnebago County, Wisconsin: Its Cities, Towns, Resources, People (Chicago, 1908). In notebooks and other papers he collected genealogical data on the Lawson, Baird, Cook, Finney, Fleming, Peper, Williams, and Wright families, which he utilized in his Family Genealogy... (Menasha, 1903). Two scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings of some of his speeches and articles on temperance, politics, and education.
- Kumlien, Thure L., -- 1819-1888.
- Langlade, Charles Michael Mouet de, -- 1729-1801.
- Lawson, Helen.
- Thwaites, Reuben Gold, -- 1853-1913.
- Ripon College -- Students.
- University of Wisconsin -- Students.
- State Historical Society of Wisconsin.
- Baird family.
- Brown, Charles E. -- (Charles Edward), -- 1872-1946.
- Cook family.
- Finney family.
- Fleming family.
- Lawson family.
- Pepper family.
- Williams family.
- Wright family.
- Wisconsin Archeological Society.
- Indians of North America -- Wisconsin.
- Lawyers -- Wisconsin -- Menasha.
- Winnebago Indians.
- Menasha (Wis.)
- Winnebago County (Wis.) -- History.