|提及的人：||J D B De Bow; L Q C Lamar; Benson John Lossing; William Hickling Prescott; Charles Dudley Warner|
Correspondence, text entitled Historical notes on the commerce and agriculture of Louisiana, and other material, reflecting Gayarré's extensive public career, including his service as Louisiana Secretary of State and his election to the U.S. Senate and subsequent resignation due to poor health, in addition to his activities as a historian documenting the state of Louisiana and as an author of numerous articles and of several novels. Correspondents include J.D.B. De Bow, L.Q.C. Lamar, Benson J. Lossing, William H. Prescott, and Charles Dudley Warner.
- American literature -- 19th century.
- Louisiana -- History.
- De Bow, J. D. B. -- (James Dunwoody Brownson), -- 1820-1867 -- Correspondence.
- Lamar, L. Q. C. -- (Lucius Quintus Cincinnatus), -- 1825-1893 -- Correspondence.
- Lossing, Benson John, -- 1813-1891 -- Correspondence.
- Prescott, William Hickling, -- 1796-1859 -- Correspondence.
- Warner, Charles Dudley, -- 1829-1900 -- Correspondence.
- Louisiana. -- Department of State.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate.