|提及的人：||Amanda Badger Chittenden; Samuel H Chittenden; George B Chittenden; Brigham Young; James Terry Gardiner; F V Hayden; William Henry Holmes; William Henry Jackson; Delano family.|
Chiefly the correspondence of Amanda Badger Chittenden with her sons, Samuel H. and George B. Chittenden, relating to their engineering studies at Yale University (1868-1871); Samuel's work on the Union Pacific Railroad (1869-1874); George's work as a topographer with the U.S. Geological Survey of the Territories (Hayden Expedition, 1873-1877); description and travel in the western states; Mormons, Brigham Young, and his former wife, Ann Eliza Young; James Terry Gardiner, Ferdinand Vandiveer Hayden, William Henry Holmes, and William Henry Jackson; and the Delano family into which George married; together with printed material and photographs.
- Chittenden, Amanda Badger.
- Chittenden, Samuel H.
- Chittenden, George B.
- Young, Brigham, -- 1801-1877.
- Gardiner, James Terry.
- Hayden, F. V. -- (Ferdinand Vandiveer), -- 1829-1887.
- Holmes, William Henry, -- 1846-1933.
- Jackson, William Henry, -- 1843-1942.
- Delano family.
- Yale University -- Students.
- Railroads -- United States -- Design and construction.
- Union Pacific Railroad Company.
- Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories (U.S.)
- Civil engineers -- Education -- United States.
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel.
- Mormons -- West (U.S.) -- History.