Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Edwin Harrison Cady; William Dean Howells; William Dean Howells; William Dean Howells; Jay B Hubbell; John O Eidson|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edwin Harrison Cady
|Notes:||Partially processed collection. Cataloged from card catalog and accession records.
Some of the materials in this collection are not immediately accessible, because they require further processing before use. Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the Special Collections Library to use the collection.
|Description:||21,256 items (36.8 linear ft.)|
The addition (92-127) (20,000 items; 1955-1992) includes correspondence, research and teaching notes, writings, student offprints, card files, photostats, materials relating to the Center for Editions of American Authors, files relating to AMERICAN LITERATURE, printed matter, clippings, and other miscellaneous items. Correspondence includes letters from Jay B. Hubbell and John O. Eidson; the latter concern the American Literature Section of the Modern Language Association.
The addition (02-104) (1251 items, 6.8 linear feet; dated 1858-2000 and n.d. (bulk [ca. 1961]-2000) contains correspondence related to and drafts of writings by Cady and his former student Thomas F. ODonnell regarding author, editor, and critic William Dean (W.D.) Howells. In addition, there is material concerning Cady's edited volume of Howells' poetry, PEBBLES, MONOCHROMES, AND OTHER MODERN POEMS, 1891-1916 (2000), original correspondence from Howells to his publishers; one reel of microfilm; and one color and one black-and-white photograph. This accession is unprocessed.
- Cady, Edwin Harrison.
- Howells, William Dean, -- 1837-1920.
- Howells, William Dean, -- 1837-1920 -- Correspondence.
- Howells, William Dean, -- 1837-1920 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Hubbell, Jay B. -- (Jay Broadus), -- 1885-1979.
- Eidson, John O.
- Modern Language Association of America. -- American Literature Section.
- Center for Editions of American Authors.
- American literature -- Study and teaching.
- American poetry -- 19th century.
- Poetry, Modern -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Criticism and interpretation.
- College teachers as authors.
- Scholars -- United States -- Correspondence.
- Literary historians -- United States.
- American literature -- History and criticism.