Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Thomas C Chamberlin; James Hall; Philo Romayne Hoy; Charles Wachsmuth; Robert Parr Whitfield|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Thomas A Greene
|Description:||1.6 c.f. (4 archives boxes)|
After his death the collection of specimens was given to Milwaukee-Downer College and later moved to the possession of Lawrence University.
Greene's correspondence concerns the location, identification, and acquisition of his fossils and minerals. Among his notable correspondents were Thomas Chrowder Chamberlin, Philo R. Hoy, James Hall, Charles Wachsmuth, and Robert P. Whitfield. One folder of letters, 1884-1891, concerns the collections of the Milwaukee Public Museum, of which Greene was a trustee. Four volumes include catalogues of his collection, an account book recording purchases of fossils, and a notebook listing the sources from which he obtained mineral specimens.
- Chamberlin, Thomas C. -- (Thomas Chrowder), -- 1843-1928.
- Hall, James, -- 1811-1898.
- Hoy, Philo Romayne, -- 1816-1892.
- Wachsmuth, Charles, -- 1829-1896.
- Whitfield, Robert Parr, -- 1828-1910.
- Fossils -- Collectors and collecting -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee.
- Minerals -- Collection and preservation -- Wisconsin -- Milwaukee.
- Rock collecting.