Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Olive Beaupré Miller; Arthur Beaupré; Beaupré family.; Lorenzo Dow Brady; Harry Edward Miller; Olive Beaupré Miller; Olive Beaupré Miller|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Olive Beaupré Miller
|Description:||5 linear ft. (13 boxes)|
The biographical material includes information about Olive and other Beaupré and Miller family members, particularly autobiographies of her maternal grandfather, Lorenzo Dow Brady and her husband Harry Edward Miller. There are 2 boxes of unpublished writings, from creative short stories and paper dolls of her youth to the extensively researched historical novels of her later years. Of particular interest is correspondence between Edwin Read II and Margaret Pratt concerning sales tactics and saleswomen for The Bookhouse publishing company. Two thirds of the collection consists of notes and research material, including Olive's Smith College literature class notes and historical notes for her last unpublished work, American Johannes, about Dutch settlers in the U.S. There are also notebooks in which she kept lists, plot summaries and reviews of the books she read.
- Miller, Olive Beaupré
- Beaupré, Arthur, -- 1853-
- Beaupré family.
- Brady, Lorenzo Dow, -- 1810-1892.
- Miller, Harry Edward, -- 1878-1952.
- Miller, Olive Beaupré. -- My book house.
- Book House for Children (Chicago, Ill.)
- Smith College -- History.
- Children's literature -- Books and reading -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Children's literature, American.
- Children's literature -- Authorship.
- Children's literature -- Publishing -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Dutch -- United States.
- Education, Elementary.
- History -- Study and teaching (Elementary) -- United States.
- Middle West -- History.
- Publishers and publishing -- United States -- Biography.
- Women authors, American -- Biography.
- Women publishers -- United States.