Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Herbert Aptheker; Louis B Boudin; Norman Thomas|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1.0 c.f. (3 archives boxes); plus additions of 19 photographs and 1 drawing.|
Present are incoming correspondence, mainly from the 1950s and 1960s (letters from L. B. Boudin, Norman Thomas, and Herbert Aptheker are included); printed and manuscript versions of his writings and speeches; biographical material and miscellany; and subject files on various organizations and events with which he was involved. Most notable among the latter are the files on International Publishers, his radical publishing firm; the Jefferson School of Social Science, which he helped to organize; and his trial under provisions of the Smith Act.
The processed portion is summarized above and is described in the register. Additional photographic accessions are described below.
- Publishers and publishing.
- Communism -- United States.
- United States. -- Alien Registration Act, 1940.
- Labor movement.
- Aptheker, Herbert, -- 1915-2003.
- Boudin, Louis B. -- (Louis Boudianoff), -- 1874-1952.
- Thomas, Norman, -- 1884-1968.
- International Publishers.
- Jefferson School of Social Science.
- Communist trials -- New York (State)