Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Hilary A Herbert; R M Nelson|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
William C Oates; Joseph F Johnston
|Other Titles:||Plain Truth (Ala.)|
The broadside, 1896, entitled "Open Letter by the Governor," presents Oates position on the $300,000 loan after the Populist paper, "The Plain Truth," accused him and several others of personally profiting from the loan.
The notes, n.d., detail Ala. participation in the Civil War, including a listing of major generals and brigadier generals, some comparisons between the Union and Confederate armies and prison deaths, and an estimation of the monetary cost of the war.
- Herbert, Hilary A. -- (Hilary Abner), -- 1834-1919.
- Nelson, R. M. -- (Richard Marshall), -- b. 1843.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate.
- Alabama. -- Governor.
- Alabama. -- Auditor.
- Mercantile National Bank (N.Y.)
- Populist Party (Ala.)
- Democratic Party (Ala.)
- Federal government.
- Loans -- Alabama.
- Promissory notes -- Alabama.
- United States -- Politics and government.
- Alabama -- Politics and government.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States -- Law and legislation.