Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Illustrations (layout features)
|Named Person:||Hugh Morrison; Louis H Sullivan|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Hugh Morrison; Philip Aylwin White; Dartmouth College. Class of 1926.
|Notes:||Holographs, signed; holographs; typescripts, signed; typescripts with ms. notations and corrections; typescripts.|
|Description:||9 boxes (11.25 linear ft.)|
A 1999 addendum includes correspondence, notes, slide lists, lecture notes, and other Dartmouth College course materials, as well as photographs and scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, drafts of Morrison's writings, and illustrations for his books. The papers document Morrison's personal life and professional career, including his involvement with the Early Sites Foundation, his teaching career at Dartmouth College in the geography and art and archaeology departments, and his authorship of different books and notes on various architects. Of note is a complete collection of his undergraduate letters from Dartmouth. Also of interest are extensive documents regarding the Early Sites Foundation, and a rough copy of Morrison's The history of art. There are also documents relating to the Great Issues lectures at Dartmouth, which Morrison helped organize.
- Morrison, Hugh, -- 1905-1978 -- Correspondence.
- Sullivan, Louis H., -- 1856-1924.
- Dartmouth College. -- Department of Geography.
- Dartmouth College. -- Department of Art and Archaeology.
- Early Sites Foundation.
- Architecture, American.
- Architecture, Colonial -- United States.
- Architecture, Georgian -- United States.
- Architecture -- Vermont -- Norwich.
- Architects -- United States.
- Architecture -- History -- Study and teaching -- New Hampshire -- Hanover.