Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Alfred Stengel|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Alfred N Richards
|Description:||38 Cubic ft.|
The Professional Papers include newspaper clippings, meeting minutes, memoranda, finances, reports, and other documents. Photographs of Richards, 1919-1964, and of the University, including the Richards Building, dedicated in 1960, are among these papers. The Committee on Drug Additions, the Committee on Medical Research, the Commonwealth Fund, Hall-Mercer Hospital, Merck & Co., the National Academy of Sciences, the Office of Scientific Research and Development, Penicillin, Sharpe & Dohme, the Wistar Institute, World War I, and many other topics are well represented in these papers.
Included in the collection are class lecture notes, course notes, and laboratory experiment work. The laboratory experiments include those carried out by colleagues and students and those carried out solely by Richards or in conjunction with others. Kidney function is the general subject of most experiments, but many specific subjects are examined. There are writings, articles, journals, pamphlets, and bibliographies as well.
- Stengel, Alfred, -- 1868-1939.
- University of Pennsylvania. -- School of Medicine.
- University of Pennsylvania. -- Department of Pharmacology.
- United States. -- Army Sanitary School (Langres, France)
- United States. -- Office of Scientific Research and Development. -- Committee on Medical Research.
- Merck & Co.
- University of Pennsylvania. -- Richards Building.
- Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology.
- National Academy of Sciences (U.S.)
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care.
- Renal pharmacology.
- Medicine -- Research -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Pharmacology -- Study and teaching -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Drugs -- Research -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Gases, Asphyxiating and poisonous -- War use.