Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Will Inman; Will Inman; Will Inman; Jimmy Santiago Baca|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||Unprocessed collection. Cataloged from accession records. Some of the materials in this collection are not immediately accessible, because they require further processing before use. Please contact Research Services staff before visiting the Special Collections Library to use this collection.|
A large number of the letters are also addressed to and from Inman's parents spanning college years (1938-1943), and shortly thereafter. Some material concerns his newspaper column, "Conchsound in the Hills," and the literary magazine he edited, "Kauri," as well as other professional publications.
There are also photographs of the McGirt family from ca. 1910, chiefly mounted in albums, Inman's baby book from 1923.
The addition (01-195) (1676 items, 2.70 linear feet, dated 1940-2001, bulk 1976-2001) comprises mainly personal correspondence to and from Inman and Jimmy Santiago Baca, 1971-1995, including typescript poetry. Also includes typescript poetry by Inman as Bill McGirt, 1940-1956; other poetry by Inman; professional correspondence; and a journal kept by Inman, 2000-2001.
The addition (02-143) (2250 items, 3.60 linear feet; dated 1982-2001) consists primarily of incoming and outgoing personal correspondence.Topics include Inman's poems, publication work, and his political activites. There is also poetry and prose by Inman and others, and 20 black-and-white and 148 color photographs.
- Inman, Will, -- 1923-2009.
- Inman, Will, -- 1923-2009 -- Manuscripts.
- Inman, Will, -- 1923- -- Kauri.
- Baca, Jimmy Santiago, -- 1952-
- Duke University -- Students.
- Editors -- United States.
- Political poetry, American -- 20th century.
- Erotic poetry, American.
- Homosexuality -- Poetry.
- Authors, American -- Southern States.
- Authors, American -- 20th century.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Diaries.
- College students -- North Carolina -- Correspondence.
- Poets, American -- 20th century.
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Diaries.
- Political activists -- United States -- Correspondence.
- Tucson (Ariz.) -- Social life and customs.
- Wilmington (N.C.) -- Social life and customs.