Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||James Burnham; Bert Cochran; Eugene V Debs; Farrell Dobbs; A J Muste; Hugo Oehler; Michel Pablo; Max Shachtman; Norman Thomas; Nataliia Ivanova Trotskaia; Leon Trotsky|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
James Patrick Cannon; Rose Karsner
|Description:||24.2 c.f. (61 archives boxes) and. 65 reels of microfilm (35mm)|
The correspondence includes personal and family letters, some of which were written during his imprisonment for violations of the Smith Act, and many exchanges with Farrell Dobbs and other leaders of the SWP and leaders of other American leftist parties such as A. J. Muste of the American Workers Party, Max Shachtman and James Burnham of the Workers Party, and Norman Thomas and Eugene V. Debs of the Socialist Party. Extensive records concern the Fourth International; the activities of Trotskyist organizations in England, France, and other countries; relations with Leon Trotsky and Natalia Sedova during their residence in Mexico; the factional doctrines of Michel Pablo, Hugo Oehler, and Bert Cochran; and disputes within the radical movement over the coming of World War II.
- Burnham, James, -- 1905-1987.
- Cochran, Bert, -- 1916- .
- Debs, Eugene V. -- (Eugene Victor), -- 1855-1926.
- Dobbs, Farrell.
- Muste, A. J. -- (Abraham John), -- 1885-1967.
- Oehler, Hugo.
- Pablo, Michel.
- Shachtman, Max, -- 1903-1972.
- Thomas, Norman, -- 1884-1968.
- Communist League of America.
- Communist Party of the United States of America.
- Fourth International.
- Industrial Workers of the World.
- Socialist Party of the United States of America.
- Socialist Workers Party.
- Workers Party of the United States.
- Communism -- United States.
- Women and socialism.
- Trotskaia, Nataliia Ivanova, -- 1882-1962.
- Trotsky, Leon, -- 1879-1940.