Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Medical instruments and apparatus
Speeches, addresses, etc., American
|Named Person:||Mary McLeod Bethune; Dorothy I Height; George L Ruffin|
|Material Type:||Biography, Manuscript|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Dorothy Boulding Ferebee
|Description:||17 linear ft.|
Topics include Ferebee's activities as professor of obstetrics at the Howard University Medical School, director of Howard University's Health Services, physician in private practice, and founder of Southeast House (playground facility), as well as her travels to Germany for the U.S. Dept. of Labor to study the status of women.
Other organizations represented include the American Association of University Women, D.C. Commission on the Status of Women, Girl Scouts of the U.S.A., National Council of Negro Women, The Women's Institute at American University, World Health Organization, and YWCA.
- Health services administration -- Washington (D.C.)
- Medicine -- Practice -- Washington (D.C.)
- Obstetrics -- Study and teaching -- Washington (D.C.)
- Photography -- Films.
- Playgrounds -- Washington (D.C.)
- Voyages and travels.
- Women -- Germany.
- Germany -- Description and travel.
- Bethune, Mary McLeod, -- 1875-1955.
- Height, Dorothy I. -- (Dorothy Irene), -- 1912-2010.
- Ruffin, George L. -- (George Lewis), -- 1834-1886.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.
- American Association of University Women.
- American University (Washington, D.C.) -- Women's Institute.
- District of Columbia. -- Commission on the Status of Women.
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America.
- Howard University. -- School of Medicine.
- Howard University. -- Health Services.
- Mississippi Health Project.
- National Council of Negro Women.
- Southeast Neighborhood House (Washington, D.C.)
- United States. -- Department of Labor.
- Voice of America (Organization)
- World Health Organization.
- Young Women's Christian Association of the U.S.A.