Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Virginia Foster Durr|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Virginia Foster Durr
|Description:||4 linear ft.|
Correspondence makes up the bulk of the collection. It includes correspondence with family and friends, mostly letters to Durr; notable exceptions are the many letters from Durr to Tom and Lois Eliot and Clark and Mairi Foreman. The letters are about friends, social life, U.S. politics, civil rights, McCarthyism, socialism, pacifism, and the South. There are a few letters from or to Clifford Durr or other family and friends; many of the latter were sent as enclosures in letters to Virginia Durr. The collection includes letters from Jessica Mitford; Durr's letters to Mitford are housed with Mitford's papers at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Durr, Virginia Foster.
- American Peace Crusade.
- Emergency Civil Liberties Committee.
- Highlander Folk School (Monteagle, Tenn.)
- Montgomery Improvement Association.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948)
- Southern Conference Educational Fund.
- United States. -- Congress. -- Senate. -- Committee on the Judiciary. -- Subcommittee to Investigate the Administration of the Internal Security Act and Other Internal Security Laws.
- Wellesley College -- Students.
- Women's International League for Peace and Freedom.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- Anti-communist movements -- United States.
- Black nationalism -- United States.
- Civil rights movements -- United States.
- Civil rights workers -- Southern States.
- Feminism -- United States.
- Friendship -- United States.
- Internal security -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Peace movements -- United States.
- Poll tax -- Southern States.
- Radicals -- United States.
- Segregation -- Alabama.
- Women -- Southern States.
- Women civil rights workers -- United States.
- Alabama -- History.
- Birmingham (Ala.) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.
- Montgomery (Ala.) -- Race relations.
- Southern States -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
- Wetumpka (Ala.) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.