Files (document groupings)
|提及的人：||Virginia Gardner; Virginia Gardner; Virginia Gardner; Louise Bryant; John Gardner; Bill Allen; Sender Garlin; Ammon Hennacy; Corrine Hardesty; Corliss Lamont; Kay Hall Sessions; Frank Spector; John Tessitore; Nick Unger; Harry Bridges; Nikki Bridges; William Appleman Williams; Ethel Rosenberg; Julius Rosenberg; Noel Hilliard; Thomas McGrath; Al Richmond|
|描述：||8.0 linear ft.|
Contains unpublished and published writings, correspondence, clippings, research files, and ephemera. Series I. Autobiography contains a lengthy and rather personal unpublished untitled autobiographical typescript, related correspondence, and a genealogy and other biographical materials. Series II. Correspondence is divided into personal (family and friends) and political correspondence and spans the years 1922 to 1990. Personal correspondents include her son John Marberry, her nephew John Gardner, several friends, and boyfriends Brady Pryor, Dud Jarret, Paul Cawthron, Andy Anderson, John McShane, and Milt Rogart and his wife. The political correspondence is with communists, other radicals and several well-known writers, including Bill Allen, Sender A. Garlin, Ammon Hennacy, Corrine Hardesty, Corliss Lamont, Kay Hall Sessions, Frank Spector, John Tessitore, Nick Unger, Harry and Nikki Bridges and William Appleman Williams. Series III. Political Activities, is divided into two sections: A. General, which contains files on the Rosenberg case, the American Council on Soviet Relations, and Gardner's testimony before various legislative committees; and B. The Harry Bridges Case, which contains clippings, correspondence between Gardner and Harry and Nikki Bridges, and Citizens Committee for Harry Bridges materials related to the campaign to prevent his deportation from the United States.
- Gardner, Virginia.
- Gardner, Virginia. -- Rosenberg story.
- Gardner, Virginia. -- Friend and lover.
- Bryant, Louise, -- 1885-1936.
- Gardner, John.
- Allen, Bill, -- 1914-
- Garlin, Sender.
- Hennacy, Ammon, -- 1893-1970.
- Hardesty, Corrine.
- Lamont, Corliss, -- 1902-
- Sessions, Kay Hall.
- Spector, Frank.
- Tessitore, John.
- Unger, Nick.
- Bridges, Harry, -- 1901-
- Bridges, Nikki.
- Williams, William Appleman.
- Rosenberg, Ethel, -- 1915-1953.
- Rosenberg, Julius, -- 1918-1953.
- Hilliard, Noel.
- McGrath, Thomas, -- 1916-1990.
- Richmond, Al, -- 1913-1987.
- Newspaper Guild.
- Communist Party of the United States of America.
- American Council on Soviet Relations.
- Citizens Committee for Harry Bridges.
- Chicago tribune.
- Masses & mainstream.
- People's world.
- Daily worker (Chicago, Ill.)
- Women communists -- United States.
- Women journalists -- United States.
- Journalism, Communist -- United States.
- Collective bargaining -- Journalists -- Illinois -- Chicago.
- Communists -- United States.
- Single mothers -- United States.
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Soviet Union.