|提及的人：||J L Blair Buck; Harry Clemons|
William Royall Smithey
|注意：||The material described in this catalog record is located in the collections of the University of Virginia Library (Charlottesville).|
|描述：||5 ft. (ca. 6000 items)|
Correspondence, minutes, reports, memoranda, student papers, letters of recommendation, and miscellaneous papers, relating to Smithey's activities as professor of education at University of Virginia and his interest in the improvement of secondary education in the state. Topics include a cooperative study of secondary school standards, high school evaluations, annual high school conferences for principals and superintendents, practice teaching, and a comparative study of private and public secondary education in Virginia. Includes material related to National Committee on Coordination in Secondary Education, Southern Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and its executive and Virginia committees, and Virginia Committee for Research in Secondary Education. Correspondents include J.L. Blair Buck and Harry Clemons.
- Education, Secondary -- Research -- Societies, etc.
- Education, Secondary -- Virginia.
- Educational surveys -- Virginia.
- High schools -- Virginia.
- Private schools -- Virginia.
- Public schools -- Virginia.
- Schools -- Virginia.
- School principals -- Virginia.
- School superintendents -- Virginia.
- Student teaching -- Virginia.
- Universities and colleges -- Virginia.
- Virginia -- Education.
- Virginia -- Societies, etc. -- Education.
- Southern States -- Societies, etc. -- Education.
- Southern States -- Education.
- Buck, J. L. Blair -- (James Lawrence Blair), -- 1886-1967 -- Correspondence.
- Clemons, Harry, -- 1879-1968 -- Correspondence.
- National Committee on Coordination in Secondary Teaching.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools (U.S.)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools (U.S.). -- Executive Committee.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools (U.S.). -- Virginia Committee.
- Virginia Committee for Research in Secondary Education.
- University of Virginia -- Faculty -- Personal and professional papers.
- University of Virginia -- Students.