|提及的人：||Edward Albee; Richard Aldrich; Robert Anderson; Samuel Beckett; Robert Edward Gard; Julie Harris; Garson Kanin; Walter Kerr; Harold B McCarty; Joseph Papp; Gregory Peck; Harold Pinter; David Susskind; Thornton Wilder; Tennessee Williams|
|描述：||82.0 c.f. (109 archives boxes, 38 record center cartons, 1 volume, 1 package) and 15 tape recordings; plus additions of 4.2 c.f., 2 tape recordings, and 44 photographs.|
Also relating to professional activities are subject files on international travel as a student of the theater, his association with numerous professional organizations, and his consultation for the Ford Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation, and the Theatre Communications Group. On tape is a 1966 interview which expresses views on the American stage. A group of writings include published articles and essays, radio scripts written for the Office of War Information and other federal agencies during World War II, and unpublished writings and plays.
The remainder consists of notes and other academic files dating from his student days and his teaching at Catholic University and other institutions; biographical material including diaries, 1936-1964; and general correspondence. Among the noteworthy correspondents are Richard Aldrich, Robert C. Gard, Julie Harris, Garson Kanin, Walter F. Kerr, Harold B. McCarty, Joseph Papp, Gregory Peck, and David Susskind.
The processed portion of this collection is summarized above, dates 1929-1968, and is described in the register. Additional accessions date 1966-1981 and are described below.
- Albee, Edward, -- 1928-
- Aldrich, Richard, -- 1863-1937.
- Anderson, Robert.
- Beckett, Samuel.
- Gard, Robert Edward.
- Harris, Julie.
- Kanin, Garson, -- 1912- .
- Kerr, Walter, -- 1913-1996.
- McCarty, Harold B., -- 1901-1987.
- Papp, Joseph.
- Peck, Gregory, -- 1916-2003 .
- Pinter, Harold, -- 1930-2008.
- Susskind, David, -- 1920-1987.
- Wilder, Thornton, -- 1897-1975.
- Williams, Tennessee, -- 1911-1983.
- American Theatre Foundation.
- Ford Foundation.
- Rockefeller Foundation.
- Theatre Communications Group.
- United States. -- Office of War Information.
- Amateur theater.
- College theater.
- Radio writers.
- Television producers and directors.
- Theater -- Production and direction.
- Theater -- Societies, etc.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Theater and the war.