|提及的人：||Ralph Abernathy; Martin Luther King, Jr.; Edgar Daniel Nixon|
Inez Jesse Baskin; Ralph Abernathy; Ines Jesse Baskin; Martin Luther King, Jr.; Montgomery Improvement Association (Montgomery, Ala.)
|描述：||5 cubic ft. (8 archives boxes, 2 oversized boxes, 1 microfilm reel)|
The most significant materials relate to the activities of the Montgomery Improvement Association and the Montgomery Bus Boycott, 1955-1956. These items include speeches by Martin Luther King, Jr., and Ralph D. Abernathy; a list of concerns presented by the local black community that eventually led to the boycott; and a list by King, as President of the Montgomery Improvement Association, on how blacks should behave on integrated buses. There are also items that relate to voter registration of Montgomery blacks in the mid 1960s as well as other activities within the Civil Rights Movement.
- Abernathy, Ralph, -- 1926-1990.
- King, Martin Luther, -- Jr., -- 1929-1968.
- Nixon, Edgar Daniel, -- 1899-1987.
- Montgomery Improvement Association (Montgomery, Ala.)
- Baptists -- Alabama.
- Boycotts -- Alabama.
- Church and social problems -- Alabama.
- Civil rights -- Alabama.
- Civil rights movements -- Alabama.
- Civil rights workers -- Alabama.