Manuscripts for publication
|関連の人物：||George F Addes; George Breitman; James Burnham; James Patrick Cannon; George Clarke; Bert Cochran; Farrell Dobbs; Vincent R Dunne; Jules Geller; Albert Goldman; Rose Karsner; Warren Homer Martin; Felix Morrow; Abraham John Muste; Arne Swabeck; Max Shachtman; Natalii︠a︡ Ivanovna Trot︠s︡kai︠a︡|
|物理形態：||1.5 linear ft. (3 boxes)|
In the first series, the American Workers Party file (1935-36) contains discussion of the political and tactical issues involved in the "French Turn" (the mass entry of individual Trotskyists into the Socialist Party, so called after the tactic used in France). The bulk of the series provides concerns the SWP's activity within the automobile industry and the UAW, and the debates within the SWP on these matters. The documentation is most extensive for the years through 1943. There are lengthy analytical letters, confidential reports, club and auto fraction meeting minutes, leaflets and flyers distributed to the rank and file, and some UAW correspondence, minutes and other internal documents. There are also numerous reports and statements on the international political and military situation during World War II, two letters from/regarding the (Trotskyist) Internationale Kommunisten Deutschlands (International Communist Party of Germany), and a copy of a 1944 letter from Natalia Trotsky relating to the nature of the Soviet Union. The post-World War II files contain reports and speeches and focus on national and international politics, notably Poland, Korea, and for Yugoslavia, a report from an SWP member who had visited Belgrade ca. 1950. Series two contains portions of two unpublished (and untitled and undated) manuscripts. The first is a partial manuscript (some 450 pp.), an explicitly Marxist study of warfare in human history that may have been written in the years preceding Cochran's study of post-World War II world politics and military policy, The War System (Macmillan, 1965). The second consists of one chapter, titled "Workers and Intellectuals" (ca. 1978), from an untitled work.
- Addes, George F., -- 1910-
- Breitman, George.
- Burnham, James, -- 1905-1987.
- Cannon, James Patrick, -- 1890-1974.
- Clarke, George.
- Cochran, Bert, -- 1913-1984.
- Dobbs, Farrell.
- Dunne, Vincent R. -- (Vincent Raymond), -- 1889-1970.
- Geller, Jules.
- Goldman, Albert.
- Karsner, Rose.
- Martin, Warren Homer, -- 1902-1968.
- Morrow, Felix.
- Muste, Abraham John, -- 1885-1967.
- Swabeck, Arne.
- Shachtman, Max, -- 1903-1972.
- Trot︠s︡kai︠a︡, Natalii︠a︡ Ivanovna, -- 1882-1962.
- American Workers Party.
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America.
- International Union, United Automobile Workers of America (CIO)
- Internationale Kommunisten Deutschlands.
- Mechanics Educational Society of America.
- Socialist Workers Party.
- Automobile industry workers -- Labor unions -- United States.
- Communism -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Labor unions and communism -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Socialism -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- War and society -- History.