Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Will Durant; Irwin Edman; John V L Hogan; Sinclair Lewis; Arthur Hays Sulzberger|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Elliott M Sanger
|Description:||3 linear ft. (ca. 200 items in 8 boxes).|
1980 Addition: A selected file of approximately 150 letters, manuscripts, documents, photographs and printed materials relating to the history of radio station WQXR. There are business letters, congratulatory and testimonial letters from listeners and advertisers, including one each from Will Durant and Sinclair Lewis, office memoranda and reports on the station's history, samples of newspaper clippings containing WQXR advertisements and program listings, market surveys of listeners and promotional brochures prepared for prospective advertisers. There is a corrected typescript and galley proofs for Sanger's book, REBEL IN RADIO (N.Y., Hastings House, 1972), and 6 volumes of documents in support of the station's application for "clear channel" status filed with the Federal Communications Commission in 1948. Also included are 49 photographs of the station's staff, musical personalities who have broadcasted, the studios and transmitters, 4 audio cassettes celebrating WQXR's 50th anniversary, the anniversary album, and the anniversary edition of REBEL IN RADIO.
- Durant, Will, -- 1885-1981.
- Edman, Irwin, -- 1896-1954.
- Hogan, John V.L.
- Lewis, Sinclair, -- 1885-1951.
- Sulzberger, Arthur Hays, -- 1891-1968.
- United States. -- Federal Communications Commission.
- WQXR (Radio station : New York, N.Y.)
- Music radio stations -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Radio -- Transmitters and transmission.
- Radio advertising -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Radio broadcasting -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Radio stations -- New York (State) -- New York.