|提及的人：||Nancy Witcher Langhorne Astor Astor, Viscountess; C R Attlee; Chester Bowles; Richard Stafford Cripps, Sir; John G Diefenbaker; Dag Hammarskjöld; Julian Huxley; Basil Henry Liddell Hart, Sir; Trygve Lie; Selwyn Lloyd; Gunnar Myrdal; Adlai E Stevenson; Thant, U|
A D K Owen
|描述：||ca. 12,750 items (36 boxes, 1 v.)|
Correspondence and professional files of Owen. Most of the materials in this collection relate to his activities at the UN. These include numerous documents and reports pertaining to the United Nations' technical assistance programs. Some of Owen's speeches and publications are also in the collection. The reports Owen received from Gunnar Myrdal and those concerning the private meetings of the Secretary General are especially interesting. A few of the people with whom Owen corresponded are Lady Astor, Clement Attlee, Chester Bowles, Sir Stafford Cripps, John Diefenbaker, Dag Hammarskjöld, Julian Huxley, B.H. Liddell Hart, Trygve Lie, Selwyn Lloyd, Gunnar Myrdal, Adlai Stevenson, and U Thant. Also, papers on regional planning and social services in Great Britain from 1938 to 1944, with emphasis on Scotland. There are manuscripts, manuscript notes, social surveys, government reports, and related correspondence on such topics as hospitals, housing, youth, and the aged. There is some correspondence regarding Owen's association with a private research group Political and Economic Planning (PEP). Among the Scotland files are Owen's manuscripts, notes, and related material for his Stevenson Lectures in Citizenship at the University of Glasgow, 1939-1944.
- Astor, Nancy Witcher Langhorne Astor, -- Viscountess, -- 1879-1964.
- Attlee, C. R. -- (Clement Richard), -- 1879-1964.
- Bowles, Chester, -- 1901-1986.
- Cripps, Richard Stafford, -- Sir, -- 1889-1952.
- Diefenbaker, John G., -- 1895-1979.
- Hammarskjöld, Dag, -- 1905-1961.
- Huxley, Julian, -- 1887-1975.
- Liddell Hart, Basil Henry, -- Sir, -- 1895-1970.
- Lie, Trygve, -- 1896-1968.
- Lloyd, Selwyn.
- Myrdal, Gunnar, -- 1898-1987.
- Stevenson, Adlai E. -- (Adlai Ewing), -- 1900-1965.
- Thant, -- U, -- 1909-1974.
- United Nations.
- United Nations Development Programme.
- United Nations. -- Technical Assistance Board.
- Political and Economic Planning (Think tank)
- University of Glasgow.
- Social surveys.
- Regional planning -- Great Britain.
- Regional planning -- Scotland.
- Social service -- Great Britain.
- Social service -- Scotland.
- Hospitals -- Great Britain.
- Housing -- Great Britain.
- Youth -- Great Britain.
- Older people -- Great Britain.