Encontrar uma cópia na biblioteca
Encontrando bibliotecas que possuem este item...
|Pessoa Denominada:||Robert Edward Dawson; Floyd B McKissick; James Edward Shepard|
|Tipo de Documento:||Material de Arquivo|
|Todos os Autores / Contribuintes:||
Robert Edward Dawson; Floyd B McKissick; James Edward Shepard; John Hope Franklin Collection of African and African-American Documentation.
|Notas:||Cataloged from accession records.|
The addition to the collection (8860 items, dated 1946-1997 and n.d.) contains financial materials, correspondence, memoranda, newspaper clippings and magazine articles, and 300 photographs that continue to document Dawson's medical career. This addition includes materials from Dawson's real estate ventures. These include owning apartments with the firms Dawson and Watts and then Dawson, Watts and Cleland (1970s) and building apartments with the firm Century Oaks, Ltd. (1977-1981). The majority of the 2 black-and-white and 297 color photographs appear to be of family. One tintype is included of an unidentified woman wearing what may be a wedding dress (n.d.). (01-073)
- Dawson, Robert Edward, -- 1918-
- McKissick, Floyd B. -- (Floyd Bixler), -- 1922-1991.
- Shepard, James Edward.
- Meharry Medical College.
- North Carolina Central University.
- National Medical Association (U.S.)
- National Society to Prevent Blindness.
- Dawson and Watts.
- Dawson, Watts and Cleland.
- Century Oaks, Ltd.
- African American physicians -- North Carolina.
- African Americans in the professions.
- African American universities and colleges.
- Hospitals -- North Carolina.
- Savings and loan associations -- North Carolina.