Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Theodore M Hesburgh|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Theodore M Hesburgh
|Language Note:||In English, Spanish, French, Latin, and Italian.|
|Description:||212 linear feet. 3 linear feet of audio-visual material. 5 linear feet of photographs. 51 linear feet of printed material. 15 linear feet of artifacts.|
Includes the United States Commission on Civil Rights (1958-1973), National Science Board (1954-1966), Rockefeller Foundation (1962-1982), International Atomic Energy Agency (1956-1977), Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and Carnegie Commission on the Future of Higher Education (1967-1976), National Cambodia Crisis Committee and Cambodia Crisis Center (1979-1980), Overseas Development Council (1971-1982).
International Federation of Catholic Universities (1955-1978), Chase Manhattan Bank (1972-1981), United States Advisory Commission for International Educational and Cultural Affairs (1961-1965), Presidential Clemency Board (1974-1975), United Nations Conference on Science and Technology for Development (1977-1979), Midwest Universities Research Association (1954-1968), Institute of International Education (1955-1973).
Peace Corps (1961-1965), Institute for World Order (1968-1982), Teachers' Insurance and Annuity Association of America and College Retirement Equities Fund (1975-1982), Council on Foreign Relations (1976-1982), and Select Commission on Immigration and Refugee Policy (1980-1981); representing Hesburgh's interest in civil rights, social justice, peaceful uses of atomic energy, and international concerns.
Correspondence with Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmie Carter, Sargent Shriver, Jean Wilkowski, Alan T. Waterman, David Rockefeller, Frank M. Folsom, Clark Kerr, and others.
Also photographs, audio-visual material, and artifacts such as plaques and trophies associated with Hesburgh's awards and the robes and diplomas associated with his honorary degrees.
- Hesburgh, Theodore M. -- (Theodore Martin), -- 1917-2015.
- United States Commission on Civil Rights.
- National Science Board (U.S.)
- Rockefeller Foundation.
- International Atomic Energy Agency.
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
- Carnegie Commission on Higher Education.
- National Cambodia Crisis Committee.
- Cambodia Crisis Center.
- Overseas Development Council.
- International Federation of Catholic Universities.
- Chase Manhattan Bank.
- United States Advisory Commission on International Educational and Cultural Affairs.
- United States. -- Presidential Clemency Board.
- Midwest Universities Research Association.
- Institute for Educational Affairs.
- Peace Corps (U.S.)
- Institute for World Order.
- Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association.
- College Retirement Equities Fund.
- Council on Foreign Relations.
- United States. -- Select Commission on Immigration and Refugee Policy.
- Civil rights -- United States -- History.
- Social justice.
- Nuclear energy -- United States.
- Nuclear nonproliferation.