|提及的人：||Myron A Coler; Edward Uhler Condon; Anne Castrodale Golovin; Donald F Hornig; Lyndon B Johnson; John F Kennedy; Charles S Murphy; Jerome B Weisner|
Nicholas E Golovin
|描述：||10.8 linear ft.|
Correspondence, memoranda, speeches and writings, reports, notes, working diaries, agenda and meeting summaries, academic, employment, and military records, clippings, photos, and other papers, relating chiefly to Golovin's administrative positions at National Bureau of Standards, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and U.S. Office of Science and Technology. Includes material relating to his roles as director of the Large Launch Vehicle Planning Group, a program sponsored by NASA and Dept. of Defense, in the planning, programming, and budgeting system at Office of Science and Technology, as a member of the President's Science Advisory Committee during the Kennedy and Johnson administrations, participation in several International Astronautical Congresses, work with White Sands Missile Range, Advanced Research Projects Agency, and Myron Coler's Creative Science Program at New York University, and in various technical writing projects. Includes Golovin's reports and recommendations to presidents Kennedy and Johnson on such topics as the Project Apollo space program, manned space flight, space vehicles and vehicle propulsion systems, and supersonic transport noise problems and his proposal for the creation of a branch of government employing physicists and social scientists to make technological choices in public policy. Correspondents include Edward U. Condon, Anne Golovin, Donald F. Hornig, Charles S. Murphy, and Jerome B. Weisner.
- Aeronautics -- Noise.
- Aeronautics -- United States.
- Astronautics -- Congresses and conventions.
- Astronautics and state -- United States.
- Launch vehicles (Astronautics)
- Manned space flight.
- Program budgeting.
- Science -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Science and state -- United States.
- Separation of powers -- United States.
- Social sciences and state -- United States.
- Space vehicles.
- Space vehicles -- Propulsion systems.
- Supersonic transport planes.
- Technology and state -- United States.
- Universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- New York.
- New Mexico -- Military affairs -- Fortifications, military installations, etc.
- New York (N.Y.) -- Education -- Universities and colleges.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1961-1963.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1963-1969.
- White Sands Missile Range (N.M.)
- Coler, Myron A. -- (Myron Abraham), -- 1913-
- Condon, Edward Uhler, -- 1902-1974 -- Correspondence.
- Golovin, Anne Castrodale -- Correspondence.
- Hornig, Donald F., -- 1920-2013 -- Correspondence.
- Johnson, Lyndon B. -- (Lyndon Baines), -- 1908-1973 -- Correspondence.
- Kennedy, John F. -- (John Fitzgerald), -- 1917-1963 -- Correspondence.
- Murphy, Charles S. -- (Charles Springs), -- 1909- -- Correspondence.
- Weisner, Jerome B. -- (Jerome Bert), -- 1915- -- Correspondence.
- United States. -- Advanced Research Projects Agency.
- United States. -- Department of Defense.
- United States. -- National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- United States. -- National Bureau of Standards.
- United States. -- Office of Science and Technology.
- United States. -- President's Science Advisory Committee.