Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Hubert H Humphrey; John F Kennedy; Harry S Truman; Gardner R Withrow; Charles F Brannon; Leroy Gore; Kenneth W Hones; Estes Kefauver; Philip Fox La Follette; Robert M La Follette; Patrick J Lucey; Henry W Maier; Joseph McCarthy; Philleo Nash; Gaylord Nelson; William Proxmire|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Norman M Clapp
|Description:||9.8 c.f. (24 archives boxes and 1 flat box) 3 tape recordings (141 min.), and 64 photographs.|
In addition to campaign literature, financial records, lists, analyses, and advertising, there is extensive correspondence with national, state, and local party leaders including Charles F. Brannon, LeRoy Gore, Kenneth Hones, Hubert Humphrey, Estes Kefauver, John F. Kennedy, Patrick J. Lucey, Henry W. Meier, Philleo Nash, Gaylord Nelson, and William Proxmire. Files on his career as administrator of the Rural Electrification Administration include correspondence, memoranda, studies, legislation about supplementary financing for the agency, a complete reading file of outgoing correspondence and memoranda (1961-1969), and exchanges with White House staff. Pertaining to his later career as an energy consultant are project files containing correspondence, memoranda, and draft reports on work done in association with David Lilienthal's Resources and Development Corporation and Stone and Webster Engineering Corp. Of special interest is the file on the 1977 New York City blackout.
Photographs include formal and informal portraits, snapshots of the Clapp family, views of activities as head of the REA (one with Orville Freeman) and the Wisconsin DOT, as a journalist, and as a congressional candidate. The latter include John F. Kennedy, Patrick J. Lucey, Estes Kefaufer, Henry Meier, and William Proxmire.
- Humphrey, Hubert H. -- (Hubert Horatio), -- 1911-1978.
- Kennedy, John F. -- (John Fitzgerald), -- 1917-1963.
- Truman, Harry S., -- 1884-1972.
- Withrow, Gardner R., -- 1892-1964.
- Brannon, Charles F. -- (Charles Franklin), -- 1903-
- Gore, Leroy.
- Hones, Kenneth W., -- 1898-1972.
- Kefauver, Estes, -- 1903-1963.
- La Follette, Philip Fox, -- 1897-1965.
- La Follette, Robert M. -- (Robert Marion), -- 1895-1953.
- Lucey, Patrick J., -- 1918-
- Maier, Henry W., -- 1918-1994.
- McCarthy, Joseph, -- 1908-1957.
- Nash, Philleo, -- 1909-1987.
- Nelson, Gaylord, -- 1916-2005.
- Proxmire, William.
- Democratic Party (Wis.)
- Grant County Independent (Wis.)
- Muscoda Publishing Company (Wis.)
- Progressive Party (Founded 1934)
- Advertising, Political.
- American newspapers -- Wisconsin.
- Rural electrification.
- Television in politics -- Wisconsin.
- Elections -- Wisconsin.
- Electric power failures -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Ellsworth (Wis.)
- Wisconsin -- Politics and government.