|関連の人物：||Benjamin Capps; James Auchiah; Will Henry; Dorothy M Johnson; Elmer Kelton; C L Sonnichsen; Ernest B Speck; Anna Lee Waldo|
Benjamin Capps; Will Henry; Dorothy M Johnson; Elmer Kelton; C L Sonnichsen; Ernest B Speck; James Auchiah
|物理形態：||16 boxes (6.5 linear ft.)|
Capps' papers from his college days through 1993. Includes diaries relating his experiences as a school teacher, machinist, and writer, 1946-1970; correspondence with colleagues and members of the Western Literature Association, 1968-1993; classwork, unpublished stories and books, 1946-1987; and research materials, manuscripts, and galleys for his publications from 1949-1993. Also included are files related to his plagiarism suit against Anna Lee Waldo and her publisher, Avon Books, for words and ideas used in the novel, SACAJAWEA, 1981-1983. Research materials include Indian history, especially the Kiowas in the late 1800s; typescripts by Kiowa historian, James Auchiah; and post returns and maps of some West Texas and Indian Territory forts 1865-1871. Correspondents include Will Henry, Dorothy M. Johnson, Elmer Kelton, C.L. Sonnichsen, and Ernest Speck.
- Capps, Benjamin, -- 1922-2001 -- Archives.
- Authors, American -- Texas -- Archives.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Archives.
- American literature -- 20th century -- Manuscripts.
- Auchiah, James -- Manuscripts.
- Henry, Will, -- 1912-1991 -- Correspondence.
- Johnson, Dorothy M. -- Correspondence.
- Kelton, Elmer -- Correspondence.
- Sonnichsen, C. L. -- (Charles Leland), -- 1901-1991 -- Correspondence.
- Speck, Ernest B. -- Correspondence.
- Waldo, Anna Lee.
- Fortification -- Texas -- Sources.
- Kiowa Indians -- History -- Sources.