Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Applications for positions
Speeches, addresses, etc., American
|Named Person:||Lena Pittman Allison; Richard Allison; Willie Allison; Claude Barnett; Liz Carpenter; Charles C Diggs; Robert William Dunnigan; John G Feild; Rosa Lee Slade Gragg; Dorothy I Height; Hubert H Humphrey; Lyndon B Johnson; William Kendrick; Melvin Joseph Maas; Vivian Carter Mason; Henry Lee Moon; Dean Rusk; Hobart Taylor; Harry S Truman; Albert Walls; Enoch P Waters; Allison family.; Dunnigan family.|
|Material Type:||Biography, Manuscript|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Alice Allison Dunnigan
|Notes:||In part, photocopies.|
|Description:||ca. 13 linear ft.|
Also includes correspondence with Claude Barnett and Enoch Waters, Jr., of the Associated Negro Press and the editors of newspapers such as the Louisville Defender and Pittsburgh Courier relating to her career as a newspaperwoman; correspondence with John Feild, William Kendrick, Hobart Taylor, and Albert Walls relating to her accomplishments as education consultant for the President's Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity; letters she drafted for Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey while working for the President's Council for Youth Opportunity; and correspondence with Elizabeth Carpenter, Charles Diggs, Rosa Gragg, Dorothy Height, Lyndon B. Johnson, Melvin Maas, Vivian Mason, Henry Moon, and Dean Rusk. Also includes writings by Dunnigan, including the original manuscript (1974) of her autobiography and articles, addresses, reports, background information, newspaper clippings, and photographs relating primarily to her role with the President's Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity.
Also includes writings about Dunnigan/biographical sketches and newspaper clippings relating to her careers as a journalist and political appointee; material on organizational affiliations, including proceedings, reports, and programs from conferences Dunnigan attended as education consultant for the President's Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity, including several community leaders conferences sponsored by the committee and the 1964 American Negro Leadership Conference on Africa; political and social programs and invitations, including 1949, 1953, and 1965 presidential inaugural material; copies of scrapbooks of newspaper clippings written by Dunnigan for the Associated Negro Press and newspapers such as the Chicago Defender, Louisville Defender, The Observer, and Pittsburgh Courier; and three scrapbooks entitled, "Travel Columns, 1939-1940," "Souvenirs of the Truman Trip," and "Special Invitations to White House receptions, inaugurations, Embassy Parties; Special Press Passes and Programs."
- Discrimination in employment -- United States.
- Education -- United States.
- Education and state -- United States.
- Presidents -- United States -- Inauguration.
- Youth -- United States.
- Washington (D.C.) -- Social life and customs.
- Allison, Lena Pittman, -- -1952 -- Correspondence.
- Allison, Richard -- Correspondence.
- Allison, Willie -- Correspondence.
- Barnett, Claude, -- 1890-1967 -- Correspondence.
- Carpenter, Liz -- Correspondence.
- Diggs, Charles C. -- Correspondence.
- Dunnigan, Robert William, -- 1932- -- Correspondence.
- Feild, John G., -- 1922-2006 -- Correspondence.
- Gragg, Rosa Lee Slade, -- 1904-1989 -- Correspondence.
- Height, Dorothy I. -- (Dorothy Irene), -- 1912-2010 -- Correspondence.
- Humphrey, Hubert H. -- (Hubert Horatio), -- 1911-1978.
- Johnson, Lyndon B. -- (Lyndon Baines), -- 1908-1973 -- Correspondence.
- Kendrick, William -- Correspondence.
- Maas, Melvin Joseph, -- 1898-1964 -- Correspondence.
- Mason, Vivian Carter -- Correspondence.
- Moon, Henry Lee, -- 1901-1985 -- Correspondence.
- Rusk, Dean, -- 1909-1994 -- Correspondence.
- Taylor, Hobart, -- 1920- -- Correspondence.
- Truman, Harry S., -- 1884-1972.
- Walls, Albert -- Correspondence.
- Waters, Enoch P., -- 1909- -- Correspondence.
- Allison family.
- American Negro Leadership Conference on Africa.
- Associated Negro Press.
- United States. -- President's Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity.
- United States. -- President's Council on Youth Opportunity.
- Chicago defender.
- Louisville defender.
- Chicago observer.
- Pittsburgh courier.
- Dunnigan family.