Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Walter H Annenberg; Howard H Baker, Jr.; Winston Churchill; Lawrence Coughlin; Charles Wendell David; Robert G Dunlop; Barry M Goldwater; Billy Graham; John Heinz; Bunker Hunt; John J Król; Drew Lewis; Roger Lewis; Robert S McNamara; Ruth Patrick; Norman Vincent Peale; J Howard Pew; John G Pew; Roberta Pew-Bandy; Ronald Reagan; Paul H Reistrup; Rebecca W Rimel; Roy Rogers; Merryle Stanley Rukeyser; Dean Rusk; William Warren Scranton; Raymond P Shafer; William E Simon; Robert I Smith; Harold E Stassen|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert G Dunlop
|Description:||11 linear ft.|
The papers of Robert G. Dunlop are arranged in eight series.
The Personal correspondence consists of friendly letters, including thank you notes. There is significant correspondence with John Cardinal Król, Archbishop of Philadelphia.
The Charitable boards file reflects Dunlop's service with a number of Philadelphia-based organizations, including the Academy of Natural Sciences, the Glenmede Trust Company, and the Pew Charitable Trusts. There is extensive correspondence between Dunlop and Ruth Patrick of the Environmental Assessment Council. Files on Dunlop's service with the charitable organs of the Pew family, the Glenmede Trust and the Pew Charitable Trusts, describe the workings of the trusts, their investments and grants.
Series III concerns Dunlop's role as a trustee of the University of Pennsylvania (1948-1978). They include correspondence, minutes, committee activities, alumni affairs, finances, government relations, housing, the hospital building program, campus unrest and policy regarding student demonstrations, and plans for developing medical research. There is information on the planning for the university library's 1951 bicentennial, including arranging a visit by Winston Churchill.
The small body of Sun Oil Company papers includes some materials on the American Petroleum Institute, of which Dunlop was elected chairman in 1965, and Dunlop's service on the board of directors and tax committee. There are also letters used to compile a tribute book to Dunlop and correspondence with Sun executives from Japan and Puerto Rico.
The Alphabetical file covers Dunlop's connection with other organizations, including his high school reunions, the Naval League of the United States, social clubs and heritage societies. Papers concerning Dunlop's activities as a trustee of Hahnemann Medical College & Hospital (1948-1971) include correspondence, minutes of the trustees, reports of finances, organization and administration, committee work, evaluations of the hospital plant, investments, and building programs. There is a smaller body of papers documenting Dunlop's role as a trustee of Westminster College in New Wilmington, Pa. (1949-1957). This series also contains invitations and thank-you notes and political correspondence (1967-1981) with state and national figures.
The general correspondence is arranged in two subseries: chronological (1947-1987) and alphabetical (1978-1986).
The Contributions series includes materials on the Foundation for Economic Education, the Franklin Institute and Dunlop's political contributions.
The Amtrak files cover Dunlop's term as director (1974-1980) and include board and committee minutes, reports, statements and correspondence. They cover a period when Amtrak was being buffeted by the energy crisis, inflation and recurring controversies over funding and routes. There are comparative reports on rail passenger service in Britain, Canada, Japan and Italy.
- Annenberg, Walter H., -- 1908-2002.
- Baker, Howard H., -- Jr. -- (Howard Henry), -- 1925-2014.
- Churchill, Winston, -- 1874-1965.
- Coughlin, Lawrence, -- 1929-
- David, Charles Wendell, -- 1885-1984.
- Dunlop, Robert G. -- (Robert Galbraith), -- 1909-1995.
- Goldwater, Barry M. -- (Barry Morris), -- 1909-1998.
- Graham, Billy, -- 1918-
- Heinz, John, -- 1938-1991.
- Hunt, Bunker, -- 1926-2014.
- Król, John J. -- (John Joseph), -- 1910-1996.
- Lewis, Drew, -- 1931-2016.
- Lewis, Roger, -- 1912-1987.
- McNamara, Robert S., -- 1916-2009.
- Patrick, Ruth.
- Peale, Norman Vincent, -- 1898-1993.
- Pew, J. Howard -- (John Howard), -- 1882-1971.
- Pew, John G., -- 1902-1982.
- Pew-Bandy, Roberta, -- 1909-1984.
- Reagan, Ronald -- Inauguration.
- Reistrup, Paul H.
- Rimel, Rebecca W. -- (Rebecca Webster), -- 1951-
- Rogers, Roy, -- 1911-1998.
- Rukeyser, Merryle Stanley, -- 1897-1988.
- Rusk, Dean, -- 1909-1994.
- Scranton, William Warren, -- 1917-2013.
- Shafer, Raymond P.
- Simon, William E., -- 1927-2000.
- Smith, Robert I. -- (Robert Imbrie), -- 1931-2008.
- Stassen, Harold E. -- (Harold Edward), -- 1907-2001.
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia.
- American Broadcasting Company.
- American Petroleum Institute.
- Baldwin School.
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
- Boy Scouts of America.
- British Railways Board.
- Chilton Company.
- Collingswood High School (Collingswood, N.J.) -- Reunions.
- Committee for the Bicentennial of the University of Pennsylvania Library.
- Dow Chemical Company.
- Eleutherian Mills-Hagley Foundation.
- Environmental Assessment Council.
- Foundation for Economic Education, inc.
- Franklin Institute (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Glenmede Trust Company.
- Grove City College.
- Hahnemann Medical College and Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Higher Education Research Program (U.S.)
- Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace.
- Metropolitan Opera House (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- National Association of Railroad Passengers.
- Navy League of the United States.
- Pew Charitable Trusts.
- Philadelphia Leadership Foundation.
- Roy F. Weston, inc.
- Salvation Army.
- St. Andrew's Society of Philadelphia.
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.)
- Sun Oil Company.
- Union League of Philadelphia.
- University of Pennsylvania.
- University of Pennsylvania. -- General Alumni Society.
- University of Pennsylvania. -- Trustees.
- VIA Rail Canada.
- Westminster College (New Wilmington, Pa.)
- Weston Institute.
- Wharton School.
- Business and politics -- United States.
- Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations.
- College students -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- College students -- Political activity.
- Directors of corporations.
- Environmental education.
- Executives -- United States.
- Giving, Charitable.
- Greek letter societies.
- Hospitals -- Administration.
- Hospitals -- Finance.
- Hospitals -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Industry and education.
- Medical colleges -- Administration.
- Medical colleges -- Finance.
- Medical colleges -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Medical colleges -- Planning.
- Petroleum industry and trade.
- Railroads -- Canada -- Passenger traffic.
- Railroads -- Great Britain -- Passenger traffic.
- Railroads -- Italy -- Passenger traffic.
- Railroads -- Japan -- Passenger traffic.
- Railroads -- United States -- Passenger traffic.
- Student housing.
- Student movements -- Pennsylvania.
- Universities and colleges -- Administration.
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni.
- Universities and colleges -- Business management.
- Universities and colleges -- Finance.
- Universities and colleges -- Greek letter societies.
- Universities and colleges -- Pennsylvania.
- Universities and colleges -- Planning.