Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
The research files contain a wealth of data on the three disparate topics: American death rituals and funeral industry; the conspiracy trial of Dr. Benjamin Spock, civil disobedience and Vietnam-era jurisprudence; and the American prison system, criminal justice and corrections.
Only a small amount of personal materials (which fall within the context of Mitford's activities as author of said books) form a part of this collection.
Records of the East Bay Memorial Association (1954-1962), of which Mitford's husband Robert Treuhaft was an officer, are also included in Series I.
- Coffin, William Sloane.
- Ferber, Michael.
- Goodman, Mitchell.
- Raskin, Marcus G.
- Seale, Bobby, -- 1936-
- Spock, Benjamin, -- 1903-1998.
- American Civil Liberties Union.
- American Correctional Association.
- California State Prison at San Quentin.
- Committee for the Study of Incarceration.
- Folsom Prison.
- California. Inmate Welfare Fund.
- Johnny Cash, Inc.
- McNeil Island Penitentiary.
- Patuxent Institution (Md.)
- Prison Law Project.
- Soledad Correctional Training Facility.
- Solano Institute for Medical Psychiatric Research.
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation.
- United States. -- Selective Service System.
- Chicago Seven Trial, Chicago, Ill., 1969-1970.
- Corrections -- United States.
- Funeral rites and ceremonies -- United States.
- Prisons -- California.
- Prisons -- United States.
- Prisoners -- Legal status, laws, etc.
- Trials (Conspiracy)
- Undertakers and undertaking -- United States.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Draft resisters.
- Coffin, William Sloane, -- Jr., -- 1924-2006.
- Draft resisters.
- Funeral rites and ceremonies.
- Undertakers and undertaking.
- United States.